Octopussy!

Posted On:
    3/29/2010 1:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMA Debut

Right, so when I walked out to "Welcome to Jamrock" by Damian Marley with one of my team mates waving the flag in the background, I thought I was in for an awesome night. No sir, not to be.

Bell rings, dude comes flying straight at me with a non threatening superman punch. For some reason, instead of moving diagonally, I move straight back and he clinches with me against the cage. Apparently somehow he had heard of Q-dot's awesome striking and decided he didn't want any part of it, or something, because he did whatever he had to to keep it out of striking range.

So we're against the cage, and he's trying all kinds of **** to no avail, my takedown defense is solid. I fire off a few short punches and short elbows from the clinch, no idea if they connect properly or not.

Then he pulls guard. I go "dude, what the ****?", as I was not expecting that ****. I throw some punches from guard, stand up in his guard, throw a couple punches, then back to knees. I stand up again, he spins and grabs a leg. Wasn't expecting that either, but I put my weight on it and defend, then sensing an opportunity, I turn to pull away, thinking I can get my leg out. For some reason, it's stuck under him, and I go "dude, what the ****?" once again. By the time I'm done with that thought he has a heel hook in deep, twists me off balance, and I have to tap, because I think I'm hearing the creaking in my knee ligaments. Two and a half minutes was how long it lasted.

And just like that, I'm 0-1 in pro MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    3/29/2010 1:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right, the video. OK, so I don't have tape material right now with me, because the dude who was handling my camera was more interested in taping the ring girls and other random **** than the actual fight. Thankfully, there were other cameras, so video is forthcoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    3/29/2010 1:45am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any chance of vids? edit, dammit, answered before asked.

I look foward to seeing it...

Also, Welcome to Jamrock? Really?

Sucks that you lost, but i guess now you have stuff to work on. Props for getting out there, mate.

Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.

Weak

Posted On:
    3/29/2010 1:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well done Q. Hope the knee is okay.

Did you actually say "WTF" out aloud to your opponent? Did you feel prepared for the fight and what did you weigh?
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    3/29/2010 2:37am

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    congrats on your debut, dude. it's really a 50/50 with your first fight out, just be glad it's out of the way, i suppose.

vids when you can!

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    3/29/2010 3:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woulda freaked the guy out more if you'd come out to I'm Shipping Up To Boston, with your buddy waving the Oirish flag behind you.

What's scarier than a 7ft Irish Jamaican?

Seriously(ish), good work on the fightin', and better luck on your future endeavours.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/29/2010 7:26am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what's your am record?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    3/29/2010 11:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TBH heel hooks and other leg attacks always scared me, last night's UFC was just a reminder. I tapped 2x in a row while going with one of Sambo Steve's guys just because he touched my foot.

Are they usually legal in amy mma?

P.S. Good job trying, -repping you because for you red is green rep. I really want to see what title you get after Mechanized, etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2010 1:08pm

Style: Hapkido/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't worry about a loss man learn from it and put it behind you. Oh and don't be to hard on your friends bad videotaping ring girls are very distracting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2010 2:02pm

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Question, congratulations on your debut. Looking forward to seeing the video when it is posted. Add me to the chorus of well-wishers who posted props to the Q for stepping in the ring.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast