Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 9:41am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am considering to make a comic about this. My drawing skills are not what they used to be though. I will take the the liberty to rewrite some of the comments..
    Last edited by Uglybugly; 3/27/2010 9:58am at .

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 11:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's two I received recently:
    "Judo is just watered down Jujitsu, its fangs taken out so schoolchildren could play wrestling safely."
    And
    "These UFC guys, they wouldn't last a second against one of these (point sparring) guys, no control at all.

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 1:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    dont bother. nod your head, smile, move along. the only way to show people like this is if you beat their ass, and even then it hardly ever works and youll probably just lose any relationship you have with them.
    Ooh! I don't suppose you're drawing from personal experience here and have some stories to tell...?

On another note, I have a co-worker (my supervisor, actually) who did a lot of Tang Soo Do training back in the late 80s/early 90s... he claims to have a black belt in TSD, although I don't know what degree. Anyway, we were discussing martial arts in general and his particular experiences; at one point in the discussion he stated that he was "more into the 'art' side of martial arts than the fighting part," specifically forms and demos. I didn't want to argue with him (he is my supervisor after all), but I couldn't help but mentally facepalm myself and think "if all you're interested in is mandancing, then what you're doing is anything but martial arts!"

Back when I was doing Muay Thai (before the previously mentioned incident), I had another awkward incident with this fellow when I made the mistake of bringing up my MT training. The topic of kicking came up, and he axed me "so when you do a roundhouse, do you kick with the instep or with the ball of the foot?" When I replied that the aim of the MT roundhouse is to kick with the shin, he proceeded to make a really weird/confused facial expression, say "Huh!", then turn around and walk away to go about his regular business.

Is the idea of kicking with the shin really that perplexing? I'm glad I didn't mention the general lack of chambering in MT roundhouse kicks, as that would have blown his mind.

For what it's worth, this same co-worker is a "true believer" in stuff like homeopathy, the anti-vax movement, reiki, astrology, spiritual response therapy, etc. We once had a minor argument in which I expressed doubts regarding the efficacy of homeopathic remedies, which I believe are nonsense "faith-based" forms of "treatment" that rely (largely) on the placebo effect, as they're basically just water and sugar pills. His main response to my statement was "Well, science can't explain faith!"

Read that last sentence again out loud. How do you even respond to a drivel nonsensical cop-out reply like that without losing brain cells of your own?

Sometimes you really can't fix stupid...
    Last edited by Kid Miracleman; 3/27/2010 2:11pm at .

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 2:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And they say misogyny is dead........
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 2:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzie56 View Post

**** punt always works when you cant cure stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglybugly View Post
    some of this stuff was so stupid that I had to cover my eyes because I was afraid of the next line.

I am actually totally O.K. with stupid girls. I like stupid girls. Fit's me like a glove. Now the most important question.. was she hot? The second most important question.. did you donkey punch her afterwards?

I hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by sainthamish View Post
    This is the only part of that post that I will ever remember.

+1.
    wow!!
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 2:21pm

Style: taekwon-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Miracleman View Post
    For what it's worth, this same co-worker is a "true believer" in stuff like homeopathy, the anti-vax movement, reiki, astrology, spiritual response therapy, etc. We once had a minor argument in which I expressed doubts regarding the efficacy of homeopathic remedies, to which his main response was "Well, science can't explain faith!" (Read that last sentence again out loud. How do you even respond to a drivel nonsensical cop-out reply like that?)

Sometimes you really can't fix stupid...
    You could take the Dara obriain approach at 2.20 mins.

YouTube- Homeopathy & Nutritionists vs Real Science!
    Last edited by tkd panda; 3/27/2010 2:26pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 2:35pm

Style: The Way of Hand and Foot

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The stupid MMA stuff only has grappling in it because all the fighters there are only grapplers and can't punch or kick properly.
    Uh.....so she's never actually seen the numerous instances of knock outs by well placed punches and kicks?

Actually **** it. Stupid people piss me off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 2:46pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is one ugly chick. Almost looks like a man, but still a good drawing haha.

Is the idea of kicking with the shin really that perplexing? I'm glad I didn't mention the general lack of chambering in MT roundhouse kicks, as that would have blown his mind.
    For some reason, it is. Everyone just thinks about getting kicked in the shin or banging it on something and how much it hurts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 2:49pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    at one point in the discussion he stated that he was "more into the 'art' side of martial arts than the fighting part," specifically forms and demos.
    I can relate to this.. The thing that happened to me(and probably to your supervisor) was that I started doing a traditional martial art. I did all the forms and all that arty stuff. My wish was to be good at fighting but after 2-3 years I realized that this style would not give me that. what was left was "art". Imagine how that would feel. I had used a couple of years with hard painful training in vain.

A need for something more will arise and BOOM! your suddenly a martial artists instead of a martial sportiest as you initially wished you would become.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 3:01pm

Style: Krotty/Crapple/Goonery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do fix stupid.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast