Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 4:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sometimes you really can't fix stupid.

I have an intro to law mid-term tomorrow so I figure I could use Bullshido to help me procrastinate.

This thread is about being in a situation where you just can't in anyway disprove someone's bullshido. If you've got similar stories then post them up. Hell some solutions would be great also.

I had a friend named Samantha who went to this weird Shotokan karate school. I say weird because it catered to a hasidic (sp? white kimbo help me out here man) jewish demographic. Basically they would have a rabbi come in and bless the mat's before certain training sessions and they would include some weird prayer thing when doing kata/meditation. Yeah... basically it was great marketing for the area the school is located in but that was about it. Oh yeah these specific classes were called "kosher karate".

I believe the school taught Bullshido in this class (well actually in general) they called "UFC fighting" I'm not sure if they still offer it but frankly I don't care if they do anymore because with the plethora of information available to people now a days you just fail as a person if you can't find some legit info on training real MMA. No one from that school is going to fight in anything other then point sparring krotty tourneys anyway so **** it. I'm pretty sure the head instructor doesn't claim any rank in BJJ so it's not even MABs worthy.

Anyway enough background info, I was speaking with one of the female student's there, a friend of Beth's, and the topic of grappling came up. Here's her summary of Judo and BJJ. For reasons of anonymity and her not being important enough for me to remember her name we shall call her dumbass.

Dumbass: Judo, BJJ and all that grappling stuff only work because they grapple. If you get a finger in the eye or punched in the face you can't grapple anyone. The stupid MMA stuff only has grappling in it because all the fighters there are only grapplers and can't punch or kick properly. For Judo you need to have a gi otherwise it doesn't work, for BJJ you need soft mats and you can tap whenever you want. You can't tap in a real fight. Wrestling is just down right retarded since it's a bunch of roid freaks just pushing each other until one idiot falls over. Martial arts isn't about hugging or submission hold or whatever.

Me: So you've never trained, fought or spoke with anyone of reputable grappling skill? Like a well ranked BJJ or Judo player?

Dumbass: No I've never met one.

Me: Well how do you know what you train would work when applied if you've never pressure tested it?

Dumbass: Well that's why we have sparring and forms.

Me: How is going lightly with people at your own dojo the same as actually fighting with someone that has a completely different skill set then what you train?

Dumbass: When you train longer you understand it better, it's because you've never trained Shotokan.

Me: Well I've trained in Thai boxing. We didn't pull punches or do forms, of course we didn't try to kill each other when sparring either but muay thai has a reputation attached to it. Does that mean they're doing it wrong?

Dumbass: Well of course they are. I mean they're great athlete's but they can only fight in the ring. Their knuckles aren't conditioned enough which why they need boxing gloves. They kick great but they just aim for the thigh. You gotta aim for the head, which is why what they do is just for show.

Me: Oh so you've sparred with someone with training in thai boxing?

Dumbass: No but I have seen a lot of youtube video's. It's pretty sloppy stuff.

Now damn it I tried using logic but the sheer magnitude of stupid that poured from her lips was endless. When asking her to check out Fight House or Sambo Steve's her reply went along the lines of "I really just don't have the time, plus I already know what the result would be". I asked her if she could show me the counter to a single or double leg (yes I know I suck at them but she's like 100 lb's so it doesn't matter), she actually obliged. When I shot in on her and picked her up she asked if I could do it again.

I did it again just as I had before and she tapped the back of my head and said "See now you'd be dead". I practically begged her to actually try that same move full force but she didn't want to deal with the "legal repercussion" later.

Should I have just ****-punted her and been done with it? I mean at least then she wouldn't have to **** up our gene pool later.

SUMMARY: Kosher karate is fucking stupid.

Note: This happened like... a year ago? Maybe longer.
    Last edited by Squerlli; 3/27/2010 4:57am at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 5:05am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dont bother. nod your head, smile, move along. the only way to show people like this is if you beat their ass, and even then it hardly ever works and youll probably just lose any relationship you have with them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 5:36am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli View Post

Should I have just ****-punted her and been done with it?

This is the only part of that post that I will ever remember.

+1.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 6:38am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should have choked her till she passed out. Then draw **** on her face.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 6:44am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is only one simple point to be made....

Jigoro Kano in 1882 understood the problem, and resolved it. Period, end of discussion.

When exposed to his thoughts, there was only one of two ways to go; into the light of martial sport, or into the shadows of martial arts.

You can only shine the light on them; sadly many will run and hide like cockroaches...

...but those of value will look into the light... and see the truth there.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 6:48am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alex is pretty much right. Some people will do anything to not have to admit that they were wrong. You could show them irrefutable mathematical proof that they were wrong, and they'd still just toss out "Oh, well, you just don't get it because you don't do it" or some other crap they can hide behind.

You just have to learn to recognize who's actually willing to listen to something new, and who's going to stick their fingers in their ears and go "LALALA I AM NOT LISTENING". I once had someone tell a friend of mine that if you didn't like fighting, aikido is a good martial art. I mean, he's right, but not in the way that he thinks he is.

When I do have cause to actually talk to these kinds of people, I find it helps to place it in another context, so you can get rid of all the mystical bullshit that surrounds so much of the crap out there. For instance, I used to know a kung fu dumbass in college who was convinced his snake style that never sparred and did compliant drills for an hour twice a week was good enough to kick ass at a bar, and it's not like anybody on the street knew how to fight. I asked him if he'd be satisfied with a C- in all of his classes. Naturally, he said no. I asked him to explain why he wouldn't settle for barely scraping by in school, but when it came to defending himself, he was willing to settle for the lowest common denominator.

We don't talk anymore.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 7:12am

Style: boxing, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

**** punt always works when you cant cure stupid

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 7:20am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    some of this stuff was so stupid that I had to cover my eyes because I was afraid of the next line.

I am actually totally O.K. with stupid girls. I like stupid girls. Fit's me like a glove. Now the most important question.. was she hot? The second most important question.. did you donkey punch her afterwards?

NSFW
    Spoiler:

I hope so.
    Last edited by jnp; 3/27/2010 8:34pm at . Reason: Added spoiler tag to NSFW image

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 7:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli View Post
    Dumbass: Judo, BJJ and all that grappling stuff only work because they grapple. If you get a finger in the eye or punched in the face you can't grapple anyone. The stupid MMA stuff only has grappling in it because all the fighters there are only grapplers and can't punch or kick properly. For Judo you need to have a gi otherwise it doesn't work, for BJJ you need soft mats and you can tap whenever you want. You can't tap in a real fight. Wrestling is just down right retarded since it's a bunch of roid freaks just pushing each other until one idiot falls over. Martial arts isn't about hugging or submission hold or whatever.
    Sounds about right, what's the problem?!

P.S. It's better to just ignore people and not talk about MA with them, but since you were already in the ****, you should've asked her what SHE does to condition her knuckles (since she said MT won't work outside the ring due to lack of gloves!). I bet a big load of nothing!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 8:45am

Style: casual

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds, to me: that she may be infected by the last strains of JDL/Alex 'Plus One' Sernberg Shotokan.

That one time student of George Cofield (?)..of Tong Dojo daze - back when NYC tourney fame was led by Arron Banks...a 'worldwide karate championship' contest held at Sunnyside Gardens EVERY weekend - back in the late 60's and early 70's...Alex was the Hebrew Hammer of Yahweh, back then.

'Rabbi' M. Kahane led that rag tag group. And Alex was the vanguard of this particular form of seeking a way to defend that form of identity.,,as the one and only group under the one true 'God'.

Bits still remain in NYC...but a dying breed.

Ignorance is a lack of open minded seeking of knowledge - but 'stupid' is a life choice. The former can possibly be cured - but the latter - is forever.
    Just let her go on her merry way - her choice was hers. And religion and M.Arts - combined with extremism - rarely turn out well.
    Particularly for the more rational people who still care about those who are steadfast in doing 'one step' self protection moves in time to a two-step beat under a banner of a 'chosen people'.

Find a nice goy-gal who is a schicza (sp.?) that can at least throw a hard, straight right.

NYC is a good fishing ground for these martial lady types.
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast