I hope the Uno fight makes the broadcast, although I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't...
Stuve's body was designed to be put in a Nelson crucifix. I have feeling this fight will be three rounds of him smothered by the fat mans manboobs.
Really hope Gomi pulls it up, but I doubt it. He's washed up. His wrestling and punching power makes him a dangerous matchup for anyone though.
I predict that Nelson will go for a low single-leg takedown and shatter Struve's knee.
I don't think he ever was washed up but the bastard just doesn't fucking train. He's not BJ Penn but he think he is since he's beaten a bunch of can fighters.
Originally Posted by Draven
Solid free card, but why are Okami and Uno on the undercard? I don't care about Pearson and Siver or Winner and Oliveira.
Gomi by epic comeback.
Nelson by newly invented smother choke known as "The Cheeseburger" (I heart Nelson)
Rivera by RangeringUp
Uno by TKO
Okami by TKO/UD
Originally Posted by Sirc
- Kenny "KenFlo" Florian vs Takanori "The Fireball Kid" Gomi
- Roy "Big Country" Nelson vs Stefan "Skyscraper" Struve
- Nate "Rock" Quarry vs Jorge "El Conquistador" Rivera
- Ross "The Real Deal" Pearson vs Dennis Siver
- Andre Winner vs Rafaello "Tractor" Oliveira
- Jacob "Christmas" Volkmann vs Ronys "Jungle Boy" Torres
- Rob Emerson vs Nik "The Carny" Lentz
- Caol Uno vs Gleison Tibau
- Yushin "Thunder" Okami vs Lucio "The Spartan" Linhares
- Gerald "Hurricane" Harris vs Mario Miranda
- Charlie "The Spaniard" Brenneman vs Jason "The Kansas City Bandit" High --Who vs who?
In Okami's case it is due to his general inability to be an entertaining fighter. His fights also typically go to the judges which makes them less appealing to a card with hard time constraints.
Originally Posted by shelbydeth
It's going to be so awesome if Nelson can knock Struve out a la the Brendan Schaub fight.
Yeah I agree that he got overly cocky and became lazy. But to say he beat nothing but a bunch of cans is retarded. He cleaned house in Pride Bushido, beating down a lot of Top LWs like Sakurai, Ishida, Kawajiri and Pulver. He also put an end on Ralph Gracie´s MMA career with a 6 second KO, which I believe is a Pride record.
Originally Posted by Squerlli
I hope Gomi beats the **** out of KenFlo. Kenny Florian has annoyed me ever since his "its time to kill that master" speech. Unfortunately (sighs) I think he probably takes this one. Florian has better submissions and more technical striking but Gomi's power and wrestling could cause problems. Let's hope so.
Btw, where did that "War (fighter's name)" practice come from?
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO