Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/16/2004 8:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Will the martial arts really “protect” you? Not a chance.

Excerpts pulled from various news accounts

February 16, 2004

LAND O' LAKES - For months, Todd George Novak had been sharpening his defenses through martial arts training and a punching bag set up outside his lakefront home in Pasco County.

The mechanical sound of the bag responding to the 43- year-old's punches recently caused neighbor Kevin Seidl to ask what was going on. That's when Novak told him that he was honing his skills. But neither the training nor a home security system shielded Novak from the intruder who waited inside late Saturday.

The body of Todd George Novak, 43, was found by employees of his hauling business early Sunday. Sheriff's officials said Novak was attacked in the living room of his home after arriving home late Saturday night. No one has been charged with the killing, sheriff's spokesman Kevin Doll said Monday. No details of the killing have been released, other than that Novak's death was a result of "homicidal violence."

Novak had a home security system and had been practicing martial arts, neighbors said.
    When I read the following new articles that routinely pop up on the web, I’m never surprised by the predictable result of the martial artists efforts. While the individual stylist may not believe he is in fact wasting his time in the martial arts as Todd George Novak believed, but when their abilities are tested, stylists are often found wanting. I’ve documented this many times in the past, 4th and 5th degree martial arts masters being beaten up and murdered by common thugs and we all have witnessed it on the earlier NHB and UFC bouts.

You may disagree with this assessment, but then how does one explain the existence of the Bullshido forum itself? The fact of the matter is, that in general, martial artists are bumbling amateurs, uneducated, and simply incompetent. I see examples of them every single day, even while my training partner and I workout. Nothing makes me roll my eyes more at the silly spectacle of seeing a stylist combating empty air as he goes through his moronic kata routine at the park. Naively believing he’s actually accomplishing something other than making a complete ass of himself.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena
  2. DRD

Posted On:
    2/16/2004 8:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please bear in mind that the above commentary posted via a man in hiding from the stylists he pans. Bears on credibility.

Fancy a milkshake?

Posted On:
    2/16/2004 8:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It just like anything mate, you can be a fantastic driver but due to a moments lapse in concentration you can have an accident or it could just be another drivers fault that you didn't expect. You can be prepared for anything, but no amount of preparation will show you future. So I suppose you could ask the question then is better to be prepared even if you may not be able to stop what is going to happen to you? I think yes. People may be decieving themselves through what we see as naievity, but bullshido is trying to open there eyes. They just have to find us and listen before we find them and go nuts.
    "Pussyhole"

Shock'n Y'all

Posted On:
    2/16/2004 8:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kungfools, A SERIOUS question for YOU:

Do you think that a person with a martial arts back ground would have a better fighting chance than someone with NO experience.

By the way. I VERY much enjoyed the SARS tapes.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/16/2004 8:43pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by DRD
    Please bear in mind that the above commentary posted via a man in hiding from the stylists he pans. Bears on credibility.
    Hmm, unlike others that shall go unnamed, I don't hide behind dojo walls. I train in open view of the public. (Smirks)
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena
  6. DRD

Posted On:
    2/16/2004 8:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about I come out from behind the dojo walls, and you and I do it together at the same time same place. Or is this where you tell us you do not even meet your "students", and we can find you in an unnamed park in Hawaii. BTW, have you noticed your tiny amount of credibility go straight into the dumpster since all found out you were a ghost behind a keyboard.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/16/2004 8:51pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Jamoke
    kungfools, A SERIOUS question for YOU:

Do you think that a person with a martial arts back ground would have a better fighting chance than someone with NO experience.
    Well, which do you suppose is worse, your common stylist trained in a very faulty "gun take-away" defense or someone with no training at all? At the very least, the untrained individual will be unlikely to risk his life on the flimsy supposition that the garbage taught to the martial artist will actually aid him in achieving his objective, rather than get him killed

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    2/16/2004 8:52pm

Style: Pimpin/Tango-thanks Xango

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Will the martial arts really “protect” you? Not a chance.

Originally posted by Kungfoolss
    When I read the following new articles that routinely pop up on the web, I’m never surprised by the predictable result of the martial artists efforts. While the individual stylist may not believe he is in fact wasting his time in the martial arts as Todd George Novak believed, but when their abilities are tested, stylists are often found wanting. I’ve documented this many times in the past, 4th and 5th degree martial arts masters being beaten up and murdered by common thugs and we all have witnessed it on the earlier NHB and UFC bouts.

You may disagree with this assessment, but then how does one explain the existence of the Bullshido forum itself? The fact of the matter is, that in general, martial artists are bumbling amateurs, uneducated, and simply incompetent. I see examples of them every single day, even while my training partner and I workout. Nothing makes me roll my eyes more at the silly spectacle of seeing a stylist combating empty air as he goes through his moronic kata routine at the park. Naively believing he’s actually accomplishing something other than making a complete ass of himself.
    Good thing that they've got you to warn them in no uncertain terms...
    I'm sure that this makes you very popular.
    Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/16/2004 8:54pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by DRD
    How about I come out from behind the dojo walls, and you and I do it together at the same time same place. Or is this where you tell us you do not even meet your "students",
    I train weekly in a very public and popluar park. I doubt you can claim the same.

and we can find you in an unnamed park in Hawaii.
    Another thing, what is this "we" stuff, what's wrong, too much of a coward to face me by yourself? (Chuckles)

BTW, have you noticed your tiny amount of credibility go straight into the dumpster since all found out you were a ghost behind a keyboard.
    (Laughs) Only someone as pathetic as yourself would attach soooooo much credibility to an online forum. Sad.
    Last edited by Kungfoolss; 2/16/2004 8:59pm at .

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2004 8:55pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    umm, i'm confused, how is a scars stylist different than any other stylist?
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast