Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yours truly

Posted On:
    4/01/2010 12:31am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, my past MT school really encouraged that and I've been trying to implement it in my club as well. I really begun to appreciate that from my old Judo Coach.

Specific suggestions really help out, thanks.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/01/2010 12:35am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    4/01/2010 7:58am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    Like WS said, I worked with the little dude again and did what WS said; realized this is much better for him, by the end of the session he wasn't so scared of the hits anymore.
    Punched him in the forehead?
    If so it is awesome for both people (especially beginners) but if he gets cocky after a month or two pop him in the nose or jaw instead. With head gear there is a chance that he will start thinking he is safe when he isn't if you always punch on the label.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 8:12pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aimed at forehead, but i think hes just getting used to stuff flying at his face more often.

BTW thanks for the product tip, I'm inspired to try and make my own.. lol. I was looking at wall mats but this looks like a cheaper solution.

I only had a few weeks to drill so I haven't fixed much of the habits, but here is dwkfym thrown in a more high-paced pressure environment. Exhibition match at a hometown fight event. Promoter fuckup clusterfuck but thats another story (thinking they could yank around student organization) They mispronounce my name btw. Its like the two guys names put together = that name.

On top of that, partner specifically requested to go easy on the leg kicks. I didn't consciously throw any, but the few times I did it was hilariously weak. So much for power control. (perfect example is the double up at end of round 2)

Of course, I'm the shorter dude.

YouTube- Remy Horesh v. Jerry Lee Exhibition Bout FL Fight Night 4/10/10 (1/2)
    YouTube- Remy Horesh v. Jerry Lee Exhibition Bout FL Fight Night 4/10/10 (2/2)
    Last edited by dwkfym; 4/11/2010 8:15pm at .

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 8:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha ha, my Kaju dojo - it's called The Dojo on a big sign outside - has a large 1/2 cage that Sifu was welding up Thursday. Hope it's done soon. We've been doing Kaju "wall" stuff in it recently as the one padded side is great for kaju type sd, and soon full on sparring. Well for some of us....
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12