Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/26/2010 6:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Nisei Goju Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Training Partners - NYC

Hey guys, I'm looking for training partners to work with me this spring and summer in Central Park. I have a background in boxing and kickboxing, and am a 1st Dan in Nisei Goju Ryu. Basically looking for somebody to smack the pads with, somebody well conditioned with a good work ethic who can keep up. I can't always make it to my dojo for the regular class, so I NEED good, reliable people to work with. You can email me, brendan.burke.nyc@gmail.com.

Posted On:
    3/26/2010 6:45am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Training Partners - NYC

Hey guys, I'm looking for reliable, well conditioned, hard working training partners to work with in Central Park this summer. Basically to smack the pads with. Prefer to work with serious people, who are possibly training to fight. I have a good MA background (1st Dan, Nisei Goju Ryu, well as a competitive kickboxing background), I'm in good shape, and I know how to work. Anybody interested can email me at....

brendan.burke.nyc@gmail.com

Thanks.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/26/2010 7:46am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cross posting the same thread in more than one forum is a violation of this site's TOS brenb78. One thread per subject please.

I advise you to read the stickies and familiarize yourself with the site since you are new and there are different rules for different fora.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2010 1:04pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is uh, gonna come off pretty sounding pretty badly.

But why central park? Can't you do anything at your gym at non-class hours? Or do you fall in such a time where it would disturb a class? Cause the only people I've seen do stuff like that in central park typically are looking more for attention rather than bettering themselves. But obviously there are exceptions and all. I'm just curious.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    3/26/2010 1:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OiScout View Post
    This is uh, gonna come off pretty sounding pretty badly.

But why central park? Can't you do anything at your gym at non-class hours? Or do you fall in such a time where it would disturb a class? Cause the only people I've seen do stuff like that in central park typically are looking more for attention rather than bettering themselves. But obviously there are exceptions and all. I'm just curious.
    i agree. the OP will have more luck going to the next nyc throwdown and trying to make friends.

at one point i was doing some training in riverside park, but only because i didn't have enough room to practice with an 8 foot rattan pole in my apartment.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 1:42am

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And there's always the possibility of homeless people asking you to teach them. I can't be the only one that's had that happen to them when training in the park. Or, can I be?

Posted On:
    4/03/2010 9:37am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My dojo is also my teacher's home. He's only available at certain times. Doesn't have to be Central Park. Could be wherever, I figure CP is pretty centrally located. Some of the people in Tompkins look pretty serious, I have to say.

Posted On:
    4/03/2010 9:39am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure one could run into some interesting characters if they're not somewhat discreet in their training.