Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/24/2010 4:04pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tampa/brandon area sparring meetup

My training buddy and myself are probably going to attend this meetup. I figured if anyone nearby was interested I'd put it up for all to see. The organizer has previously extended an invitation to come but jsut in case heres the link for the details and you can IM him and make sure it's ok.

It looks like there will be a decent showing so im not sure how we're doing on room and cost to enter. In any case all the details of the meetup are on this site so follow the link and hopefully we can get some local bullies to come out and spar.

http://www.meetup.com/TampaFightClub/

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/25/2010 2:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    The organizer has previously extended an invitation to come but just in case heres the link for the details.

im not sure how we're doing on room and cost to enter.

http://www.meetup.com/TampaFightClub/
    WCX2Z: All fighters with at least 1 yr of training experience (and that can leave their egos at home) are welcome to attend any of our meetups. There is no cost for joining or participating in the meetups, but donations are always welcome to help keep the meetups going. The next meetup is schedule for Sunday, May 16th at 6PM in Brandon.

Posted On:
    7/04/2010 3:47pm

Style: Anal rape

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last time I took you, you beat up me and all 3 of my friends

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2010 5:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Notagayusername View Post
    Last time I took you, you beat up me and all 3 of my friends
    yeh, that was fun. Wing chun is great for multiple opponents. (so are like 3 rolling kneebars in a row lol)

Next time we go I'll have to bring my cam my friend said he wanted to see me spar 3 ppl at once.

Posted On:
    7/04/2010 5:44pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^Yes, next time bring a camera I would like to see this. I've tried sparring 3 guys at once it usually ends up a slugfest. Unless you do some kind of "round robin" drill that resembles a kung fu movie fight.

Next time i'm in Brandon we'll have to meet up. I want to see what makes wing chun so great for multiple opponents.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2010 6:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    ^Yes, next time bring a camera I would like to see this. I've tried sparring 3 guys at once it usually ends up a slugfest. Unless you do some kind of "round robin" drill that resembles a kung fu movie fight.

Next time i'm in Brandon we'll have to meet up. I want to see what makes wing chun so great for multiple opponents.
    tbh the biggest factor in that was that the only really martially trained opponent was the person who invited me his other freind has a high school wrestler and the other one had no training at all. I had on boxing gloves and when I hit them they kinda crumpled so they we said no striking from me and I ended up taking one of them down notagayusername tried to take my back and i flipped him over into the other guy giving me time to sub the one i'd taken down.

It wasn't really a serious thing more of us jsut messin around and having fun.

Posted On:
    7/05/2010 1:03am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    tbh the biggest factor in that was that the only really martially trained opponent was the person who invited me his other freind has a high school wrestler and the other one had no training at all. I had on boxing gloves and when I hit them they kinda crumpled so they we said no striking from me and I ended up taking one of them down notagayusername tried to take my back and i flipped him over into the other guy giving me time to sub the one i'd taken down.

It wasn't really a serious thing more of us jsut messin around and having fun.
    Nothin like messing around with guys who don't know what the hell they're doing, it's even more fun when they out weigh you by 100 lbs or so and you realize you've still got a lot of work to do.

Where do you train in Brandon? I grew up there and have visited a few TMA schools, doubt they're even still around though. I don't remember even seeing any WC schools when I lived there but I do remember s kung fu school I think Mai Johng longhorn (spelling?) was the style.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2010 5:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    Nothin like messing around with guys who don't know what the hell they're doing, it's even more fun when they out weigh you by 100 lbs or so and you realize you've still got a lot of work to do.

Where do you train in Brandon? I grew up there and have visited a few TMA schools, doubt they're even still around though. I don't remember even seeing any WC schools when I lived there but I do remember s kung fu school I think Mai Johng longhorn (spelling?) was the style.
    YouTube- Extreme Wing Chun Kung Fu Street Tactics this is my teacher, our school is now located in oldsmar on race track road.

grandmasterswingchun.com

http://gracietampasouth.com/

these are the two places I train.