Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/24/2010 3:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Effect of low blows and eye pokes on the outcome of fights.

I did a quick search and didn't find any statistical data on this.
    Do you know any? If not, we could collect fight's with those fouls and find out if they have an effect on the outcome. From the fights I have seen it seems to me that those fouls, intentional or unintentional, are an advantage for the fighter commiting them.

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    3/24/2010 4:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Alex took a low blow or two in one of his recent matches, so he may have some insight here.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/24/2010 5:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember Matt Hughes said that getting hit with a couple of low blows during a fight can make you over-react to any incoming low kicks, and thus leave yourself open.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 1:55am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I remember Matt Hughes said that getting hit with a couple of low blows during a fight can make you over-react to any incoming low kicks, and thus leave yourself open.

Not to mention the fact that depending on the severity of the low blow, you may not recover fully for the remainder of the fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 3:47am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had two low blows with knees to my groin in an amatuer muay thai fight. I was hit with enough force that it broke and dented my cup. I honestly thought the groin hits really took away from my cardio and 5 mins is not enough time to get back in shape sometimes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 1:32pm

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Out of curiosity, can you request a new cup? If it breaks in any way, that could potentially be dangerous.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 2:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I took a thumb to the eye in an amateur boxing match and had to fight with one eye for the remainder..and it was damaged pretty bad for weeks afterwards.
    Luckily, I won that one by TKO (the guy took 3 standing 8's) because I got freaked out and just went all-out to try and win..so I guess it kind of worked in my favor.But I am willing to bet this is an exception rather than the rule.
    Overall though, in Pro Boxing anyways, you get a full five minutes to recover from a low blow..and if you choose not to go on it goes to the scorecards, so it shouldn't really affect a fight's outcome unless you go on when you shouldn't have - or there are REPEATED low blows.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 2:39pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 13ringinheat View Post
    I had two low blows with knees to my groin in an amatuer muay thai fight. I was hit with enough force that it broke and dented my cup. I honestly thought the groin hits really took away from my cardio and 5 mins is not enough time to get back in shape sometimes.
    Damn I'm assuming this was a steel cup?

And like everyone else says, gettin hit in the groin really sucks the energy out of you. But statistically speaking ... good luck dealing with that information.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 3:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know any fight's with eye gouges and low blows in them? If so, please post videos, results, everything.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 3:15pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarukaya View Post
    Out of curiosity, can you request a new cup? If it breaks in any way, that could potentially be dangerous.
    I actually didnt realize that my cup was broken till after the fight was done. My dick was hurting so after the fight i checked to see if i was bleeding and discovered that my cup was broken.

Quote Originally Posted by OiScout View Post
    Damn I'm assuming this was a steel cup?
    It was a hardened plastic shock doctor cup but after the incident i upgraded to the titanium one LOL. i am not taking any chances anymore.

I made a thread about this complete with pictures after my fight ended here on bullshido here is a link to that thread for those that are interested in my agony.....

First Fight Results - No BS MMA and Martial Arts
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast