Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 10:28am

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I found this on some blog

Learn the triangle choke Brazilian jiu-jitsu technique in this free martial arts video. Expert: Marc Zee Contact: www.zeebjj.net Bio: Marc Zee is the head trainer at Arizona Center of Mixed Martial Arts. He has been involved in MMA since 1993 and holds two black belts: one in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and one in Judo. Filmmaker: Terry Larson

He claims to be doing MMA since 1993.....hmmm so he was fighing in MMA 1993 just around the same time Royce was fighting in the first UFC in November of 1993.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 10:42am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, if he was fighting in 1997, it is reasonable that he was involved in MMA in 1993. Just because they didn't call it MMA at the time, doens't mean he wasn't doing NHB or something and is now calling it MMA for simplicity sake.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Marc-Zee-12790
    Last edited by Diesel_tke; 3/27/2010 10:52am at . Reason: Missed something.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 10:50am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    python:

a) please post links to things you find if they are viable evidence. like diesel did.

b) please bear in mind that 'some blog,' unless it is zee's personal blog, is not evidence. it's not his writing and the blog owner can claim that zee can jump tall buildings without it meaning anything for the purposes of this investigation.

c) 'involved in mma' is not 'fighting' in mma. if he were training wrestling and boxing at the time that would be considered 'mma' training today. and again, these aren't his claims, they are claims on 'some blog.'

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 10:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy has an extensive record and is claiming a purple belt in BJJ from Mark Zee. The reason I bring this up is because a good indicator of how good a coach is, is how good his students are.

This guy holds belts in MMA and trained under him in 2006.

This fight card has 2 fighters in it that train under him.
    Last edited by Diesel_tke; 3/27/2010 11:11am at .
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 11:05am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that's my problem: this guy seems to have quite a few fighters, some with big reps, who claim to have trained with or under him. that's a pretty big endorsement.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 11:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well if you guys believe he is legit then I am OK with that.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 11:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, one site has him just listed as a black belt but it didn't say in what. If the guys has been training for this long and has trained champions, I wouldn't be surprised if he was awarded a black belt by someone. Kind of like how Rashad Evan's has been given his black belt. He has all these established fighters under his name, so if he is given a black belt and affiliation by Say Bracie Barra, then it would be good publicity for them too.
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 11:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post
    Well, one site has him just listed as a black belt but it didn't say in what. If the guys has been training for this long and has trained champions, I wouldn't be surprised if he was awarded a black belt by someone. Kind of like how Rashad Evan's has been given his black belt. He has all these established fighters under his name, so if he is given a black belt and affiliation by Say Bracie Barra, then it would be good publicity for them too.
    Yeah well if you would see his vidoes you would think other wise...a lot of mistakes for a black belt

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 11:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Python View Post
    Yeah well if you would see his vidoes you would think other wise...a lot of mistakes for a black belt

Actually that is my point. He may have not had an extensive BJJ background, but a pretty solid MMA background. No doubt he has put out some pretty good MMA fighters. Is MMA the same as BJJ, no. BUT that doesn't mean that someone can't make money off of his record. If he is a Black belt in from Gracie Barra, then that makes his students belted from Gracie Barra. Would Gracie Barra like to have some successful MMA fighters? Absolutely!

A good point is that I couldn't find any BJJ tournament records. That reinforces my point as well.
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 2:31pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Python View Post
    Well if you guys believe he is legit then I am OK with that.
    Okay, I'm confused about what you are trying to decipher.

Also, you have a problem understanding MABS don't you? I have culled a few posts and this thread was YMAS from the beginning. Here is the area where we try to discover frauds or help prove someone legit. It isn't about what we believe it is the proof you can provide to help. So far, everything surfacing points to the guy being legit minus some bad videos and no BJJ rank as of yet.

He has produced successful fighters who, have produced successful fighters themselves. He has an MMA record, that may not be great but, it is better than many average MMA schools. I can't tell you how many threads we have of non-fighting, non-ranked, never competing MMA coaches running schools here on bullshido.

This guy is more experienced than those guys.

He has an MMA record back to 19997. As a few of the 90's fighters can attest to, MMA, NHB and other records are hard to come by in the early nineties.

Now, you have help but, you need to do some more work as well.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast