Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 12:51am

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Marc Zee

We discussed this guy on another forum. He is with Gracie Barra and operates a school in Phoenix Arizona. He did not get his black belt from Gracie Barra but became an affiliate. He claims he got it from Ricardo Teixeira but Ricardo is supposedly back in Brazil so we can't confirm it. I have heard that his black belt might not be legit. I hope I am wrong but after hearing about other self claimed black belts I won't be surprised.

We have viewed his videos that he posts on youtube and I am not impressed. Here is an example.

YouTube- Gracie Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Moves : Guillotine Choke Jiu Jitsu Technique

I have nothing against this guy other than he might be faking it. Does anybody know anything about him.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 1:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: Jubo NOOB, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What avenues did you take to try and confirm the black belt?
    Have you contacted Zee himself to ask about it?
    Does he have a website?
    Please link the discussions you had on the other forum so we can view them if needed.
    What, in particular aren't you impressed with?

You need to expand your post a little, just a suggestion.

Chaos
    ? Panic?... Disorder??

.........................My Work is done here... ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 1:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by syberia View Post
    What avenues did you take to try and confirm the black belt?
    Have you contacted Zee himself to ask about it?
    Does he have a website?
    Please link the discussions you had on the other forum so we can view them if needed.
    What, in particular aren't you impressed with?

You need to expand your post a little, just a suggestion.
    Well I have not contacted him directly but will that do any good. Also I am having someone track down Ricardo Teixeria...he is a Joe Moreira black belt so I have friend that is trying to get a hold of him on his end.

I just thought maybe someone trains with Zee and could provide some info. Like I said I hope I am wrong and he is legit.

As far as the video goes....if you take a look at it again he states that the guillotine choke cuts off the blood to the brain....well we all know that is false. A legit black belt should know that.

We talked about it in the Sherdog forum.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 1:40am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Python View Post
    Well I have not contacted him directly but will that do any good. Also I am having someone track down Ricardo Teixeria...he is a Joe Moreira black belt so I have friend that is trying to get a hold of him on his end.

I just thought maybe someone trains with Zee and could provide some info. Like I said I hope I am wrong and he is legit.

As far as the video goes....if you take a look at it again he states that the guillotine choke cuts off the blood to the brain....well we all know that is false. A legit black belt should know that.

We talked about it in the Sherdog forum.
    Like i said, you should link the thread. This will give us access to the original cause for concern.

I saw the video. Are there any other discrepencies with his technique you have a problem with? Anything else particuarly you've noticed? Does he have any comp footage etc?

Chaos
    ? Panic?... Disorder??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 2:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once I get the information from my friend I will post it. No matter the outcome. Hopefully it checks out and he is good to go. I just thought maybe someone else had heard some things about him.

On sherdog no one stated they trained with him so we could not verify anything. We also could not find Teixeria either but I heard from someone else that he might have gone back to Brazil.

As far as linking it from sherdog...I don't know how to that...I am computer illiterate.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 2:09am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Python View Post
    Once I get the information from my friend I will post it. No matter the outcome. Hopefully it checks out and he is good to go. I just thought maybe someone else had heard some things about him.

On sherdog no one stated they trained with him so we could not verify anything. We also could not find Teixeria either but I heard from someone else that he might have gone back to Brazil.

As far as linking it from sherdog...I don't know how to that...I am computer illiterate.

Open the thread up in a tab or window. Highlight whatevers in the 'address' bar up the top of the screen. Right click. Hit 'copy'. Come here and press the 'post reply' button. Right click on the text area and hit 'paste'.

I apologise if that sounded condesending. I was dumbing it down, just in case.

Chaos
    ? Panic?... Disorder??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 2:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 2:26am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And that is how you copy and paste.

My work is done here.

Chaos
    ? Panic?... Disorder??

Posted On:
    3/24/2010 11:21am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by syberia View Post
    Like i said, you should link the thread. This will give us access to the original cause for concern.

I saw the video. Are there any other discrepencies with his technique you have a problem with? Anything else particuarly you've noticed? Does he have any comp footage etc?
    I found one of his videos on youtube when I did a search on kneebars and it turns out that he was doing a calf crank and calling it a knee bar.

Question: would a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu make that mistake?
    Here is the thread I made.

Knee bar? - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/24/2010 11:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AFS1 View Post
    I found one of his videos on youtube when I did a search on kneebars and it turns out that he was doing a calf crank and calling it a knee bar.

Question: would a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu make that mistake?
    Here is the thread I made.

Knee bar? - No BS MMA and Martial Arts
    Blue belts would not have made this mistake. When I first viewed one of his videos I said to myself "Who in the **** is this guy". I noticed all kinds of mistakes.

This video you that you mentioned is a perfect example of what I am talking about.....like I said I was wondering about this guy being legit. I still have not had anybody on this site come forward and state they train with this guy. I am still trying to get a hold of the person that supposedly gave him his black belt.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast