Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 1:27am

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity View Post
    When I saw the title I thought "glock". Mostly because it's a running joke on AR15.com but....

Was it a fotay? The fotays have a rep for going boom. I can't say it's deserved it's there none the less.
    A totally fabricated rep for going Kaboom at that. The only people that keep that rumor in circulation are adamant Glock Haters that know for a fact it's false and don't care. They're the same people that call the .40 a "compromise round" even though it (In 180gr) delivers more foot-lbs of energy than a 230gr .45 and with greater penetration to boot. I hate rumors like that. There seem to be more false rumors about Glocks than anything else.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 9:22am

Style: IRT/FMA/BJJ/BUDO TAIJUTSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Christ, the glock is simply a fantastic firearm. I have never had any of mine malfunction at all even through pretty rigorous use!

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 10:05am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They're the same people that call the .40 a "compromise round" even though it (In 180gr) delivers more foot-lbs of energy than a 230gr .45 and with greater penetration to boot.
    i've never heard .40 called a compromise wrt .45 - only wrt 10mm. which... it is.

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 3:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli View Post
    i've never heard .40 called a compromise wrt .45 - only wrt 10mm. which... it is.
    I hear people call it a compromise between .45 and 9mm all the time and it drives me nuts. Yes, it is a shorter, weaker version of 10mm. But it's a shorter, weaker version of 10mm that delivers more energy than a .45 and yet there are so many .45 guys talking down to it. It's one of my favorite rounds because of the power it packs in a round it's size.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 3:21pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Automatics are actually more reliable than revolvers as far as weapon function is concerned, ammunition quality and maintenance are the main issues with autos whereas timing is the issue with revolvers.
    This contradicts a lot of my research and personal experience.

Do you have a source or reference for this?

Does this refer to malfunctions in general or just catastrophic failures?
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 8:39pm

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    No reason to, Glocks don't blow up any more often than any other type of weapon. This is just one circumstance and I can almost guarantee that it's bad ammo that was the issue. If an Auto is going to have a problem, It's going to blow up right away or have a small problem like a FTF when it needs a new recoil spring. Deciding not to buy a Glock because of one that blew up is like deciding not to wash your clothes in a washing machine because you accidentally mixed in bleach with your denim once.
    No, I still want a Glock. I would carry my Beretta Mod 96 - it will feed and shoot anything I put through it - but I don't want to lug around that kind of weight. Even a steel P232 is annoying after half an hour.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 10:58pm

Style: bjj, boxing, ex-iwama ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol @ 'shooting hot loads'

Posted On:
    3/24/2010 2:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    This contradicts a lot of my research and personal experience.

Do you have a source or reference for this?

Does this refer to malfunctions in general or just catastrophic failures?
    I'm talking about KBs and other horrible things going wrong. As far as malfunctions go, I still stand by my statement that it's almost always the ammo's fault or the fault of bad maintanence. Automatics simply don't get timing issues and there's nothing in one that can inherently cause a KB like there is in a revolver. An automatic, in spite of what many think, has about half the parts a revolver does and each can be easily replaced without retuning the whole weapon. Not so in a revolver. One bad part and you're most likely looking at some serious work to get her up and running again. This is not by any means a bash on revolvers, I love them as much as anybody else for obvious reasons, but people often don't understand exactly how realiable an automatic is. Introduce an ideal setting: Clean, well manufactured ammo (every single round) and you won't have any malfunctions for as long as the weapon is maintained. It's once that bad round comes into the equation that you have problems. With revolvers, ammo isn't a huge issue. That's what makes them less likely to malfunction by a long shot in the first place. As soon as timing issues come into question, though, you might be having a bad day.

Posted On:
    3/24/2010 2:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vaquero de las nalgas View Post
    No, I still want a Glock. I would carry my Beretta Mod 96 - it will feed and shoot anything I put through it - but I don't want to lug around that kind of weight. Even a steel P232 is annoying after half an hour.
    I understand completely. Glock makes the lightest weight pistols out there as far as I know. I'd suggest a G26 or 27 if you're after a weapon for concealed carry. 26 in 9mm will give you some easier followup shots, 27 will give you plenty of power and maximize muzzle energy in a small barrel (.40 S&W loses less velocity in shorter barrels than 9mm or .45 and gives you a lot of bang for being a smaller round).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/24/2010 3:21pm

Style: Justice/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    I'm talking about KBs and other horrible things going wrong.
    Forgive my ignorance but what is a KB?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast