222230 Bullies, 4413 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 48
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. vaquero de las nalgas is offline
    vaquero de las nalgas's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    PHX or thereabouts
    Posts
    834

    Posted On:
    3/21/2010 6:54pm


     Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glad you posted this, now I am doing some extra research on the Glock .45 that I have been lusting over for CC.
  2. Vorpal is offline
    Vorpal's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    A Hell of my own making
    Posts
    3,077

    Posted On:
    3/21/2010 8:01pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take a look at the Springfield XD or the Walther PPS.
  3. Wounded Ronin is offline
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar

    ...is THE PENETRATOR

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,814

    Posted On:
    3/21/2010 8:59pm

    supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    While you say that they were "factory load". Do you mean that they were really "factory loads" or were they perhaps "re-manufactured" rounds? And were they FMJ, HP or straight lead projectiles?

    KB's have happened to some degree in almost all models of handgun.

    Glock KB FAQ: http://www.f-r-i.com/glock/FAQ/FAQ-kb.htm
    The projectiles were lead free ball ammo. I cannot say for 100% certain that they weren't re-manufactured.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29
  4. Wounded Ronin is offline
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar

    ...is THE PENETRATOR

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,814

    Posted On:
    3/21/2010 9:00pm

    supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post
    Need more info. You shoulda got pics of the ammo boxes and gun.
    Sorry. I guess I was a bit distracted and it didn't occur to me to photograph everything using my cell phone.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29
  5. Wounded Ronin is offline
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar

    ...is THE PENETRATOR

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,814

    Posted On:
    3/21/2010 9:01pm

    supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    BTW - I haven't forgot you.
    No sweat at all. :)
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29
  6. IMightBeWrong is offline
    IMightBeWrong's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,074

    Posted On:
    3/22/2010 4:11pm


     Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't seen a KB in person, but I've seen a weapon after an accident. It was a S&W Revolver with a timing issue.

    It's sad, but perfectly good guns get blown up all the time. That said, your range master was probably wrong. In the world of Automatic Pistols, it's VERY rarely the weapon's fault when a KB happens. If a weapon is running like a Rolex and then BANG it's 99.9% of the time going to be another factor. Believe it or not, Automatics are actually more reliable than revolvers as far as weapon function is concerned, ammunition quality and maintenance are the main issues with autos whereas timing is the issue with revolvers. The reason you may hear otherwise is because of rumors or assumptions with no basis. There's a good chance that Skeletor is spot on with what might have happened.
  7. IMightBeWrong is offline
    IMightBeWrong's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,074

    Posted On:
    3/22/2010 4:16pm


     Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vaquero de las nalgas View Post
    Glad you posted this, now I am doing some extra research on the Glock .45 that I have been lusting over for CC.
    No reason to, Glocks don't blow up any more often than any other type of weapon. This is just one circumstance and I can almost guarantee that it's bad ammo that was the issue. If an Auto is going to have a problem, It's going to blow up right away or have a small problem like a FTF when it needs a new recoil spring. Deciding not to buy a Glock because of one that blew up is like deciding not to wash your clothes in a washing machine because you accidentally mixed in bleach with your denim once.
  8. tgace is offline
    tgace's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,241

    Posted On:
    3/22/2010 5:17pm


     Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...and there is also pure statistics. All machines have some statistical flaws in manufacture or some other issue. There are a TON of Glocks out there...do the math.
  9. IMightBeWrong is offline
    IMightBeWrong's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,074

    Posted On:
    3/22/2010 11:44pm


     Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    ...and there is also pure statistics. All machines have some statistical flaws in manufacture or some other issue. There are a TON of Glocks out there...do the math.
    True. I see more Glocks than anything else nowadays, followed closely by M&Ps and then 1911s and various wheelguns from the old school crowd. When I hit a range it seems like at least 50% of the shooters have Glocks.
  10. Anna Kovacs is offline
    Anna Kovacs's Avatar

    Spear Sister

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,421

    Posted On:
    3/23/2010 1:10am

    supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I saw the title I thought "glock". Mostly because it's a running joke on AR15.com but....

    Was it a fotay? The fotays have a rep for going boom. I can't say it's deserved it's there none the less.
    Last edited by Anna Kovacs; 3/23/2010 1:14am at .
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.