Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2010 6:04pm

Style: Hapkido/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My point was that clothing rips much easier than a Judo Gi, it would be pretty awkward to try a tai otoshi for example on a guy with a t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by original_witty View Post
    15 years and you don't know ****? how can dat possible???
    You know what the longer I do martial arts the less I feel I know, it just comes with the territory. The more you do the more you see you have room to improve.

Posted On:
    3/20/2010 6:12pm

Style: scared punching bag

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feral00 View Post
    My point was that clothing rips much easier than a Judo Gi, it would be pretty awkward to try a tai otoshi for example on a guy with a t-shirt.

You know what the longer I do martial arts the less I feel I know, it just comes with the territory. The more you do the more you see you have room to improve.
    well of course you can always be better, like you can always be better etc. but i mean, how long did it take you to be able to toss some unskilled violent bastard? my coach says most sports require 5-7 years before technical mastery. after that it's fine tuning the technique and basically training more for physical performance. does this apply to judo? the 5-7 years thing before knowing what ur doing?

Posted On:
    3/20/2010 6:19pm

Style: scared punching bag

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how long do u reckon it takes this level of expertise YouTube- Politician Fight - Judo master

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2010 7:03pm

Style: CSW BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like Judo Gene Labell says, "Everyone has a gi on in love handles".

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    3/20/2010 7:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, almost everyone wears a belt. Second, if I grab your t-shirt right in the center and twist and wrap, it is NOT going to tear and I am going to launch you to the moon.

People who do legitimate Combat Judo will take an underhook, turn it into a shoulder lock, and then make your life very painful; or just tie you up and dump you hard or into ground work.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    3/20/2010 7:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, anyone who says you need a gi to do judo is full of ****. If anything nogi grips make it more dangerous because you can't see what they're doing.

..check this guy out, his opponents are not wearing a shirt of any kind

YouTube- Nakamura Judo & MMA
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2010 8:12pm

Style: -TKD--BJJ-

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was play fighting with one of my co-workers with a cotton hooded sweater and it was so easy to choke him with the hood I was shocked it worked so well

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2010 8:15am

Style: Christopher Hitchens-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    unfortunately, your point revealed how little you know about judo and grappling. keep training man.

this is very true for us mortals. as you progress, your awareness of the sport changes. your technical and situational recognition of others and yourself grows and you reach a point where you can actually spot others' and yourself's deficiencies and realise how friggin' large those holes are......

how long do u reckon it takes this level of expertise YouTube- Politician Fight - Judo master
    i've been a big fan of korean politics ever since. i've been trying to find the whole video or at least find out more information about it, but no luck...

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    3/21/2010 10:15am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    Lets see I have been doing Judo since 1995 and I still don't know ****. So do the math.
    15 years and you don't know ****? how can dat possible???
    Coach Josh is best at judo, because Coach Josh knows his Judo is paltry.
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    3/21/2010 10:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    Lets see I have been doing Judo since 1995 and I still don't know ****. So do the math.
    LOL, I've been doing it since 1981, I feel your pain, Josh!

Ben
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast