3/19/2010 8:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC Banned in Germany

Google Translation of
    http://www.groundandpound.de/allgeme...c-mehr-im-dsf/

The TV portal TVmatrix reports today that the television committee has taken the Bavarian Regulatory Authority for Commercial Broadcasting (BLM) on Thursday the decision to the authorization to broadcast the UFC formats "The Ultimate Fighter," UFC Unleashed "and" UFC Fight Night "in repeal DSF again. From now on must have the DSF, which has its headquarters in Munich to take all items for the UFC from the program.

The reasons for the decision of the television committee called the BLM that the "massiveness of the violence displayed unacceptable" and that "standing taboos" like hitting a prone opponent on the ground in contradiction with the vision of a legally supported the Bayerische Rundfunk Constitution would.
    UFC's Response, translation from
    http://www.groundandpound.de/mma/de/...blm-beschluss/

Statement of Marshall Zelaznik, Managing Director of International Development, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), to today's decision by the Television Committee of the Bavarian State Media Institute (BLM)

"We are monitoring these developments, together with our partner DSF for several weeks. Although we are not surprised that the BLM-Television Advisory Board has taken this decision, we consider it unusual that a decision has been taken on such a scale without consultation with interested parties - especially since we were about to prepare for such an appointment.

Equally unusual is that the BLM has approved the broadcast of DSF UFC broadcasts in the past two times and has changed nothing in the broadcast content. In addition, an examination of the Commission for Youth, the
    State Media Authorities (KJM) also showed that the broadcast of UFC broadcasts after 23 clock is legally permissible.

The practice is fighting UFC Sports Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) is a highly regulated sport that is operated in many countries of skilled athletes struggle as a competition. UFC broadcasts are used in over 130 countries and territories on television, reaching nearly 500 million households worldwide and have been constructed independently of societies and cultures, a fan base.

The rationale for the decision in the cited criticism that is the fact that should be taken to one lying on the ground combatants is glorify violence, untrue. You have to look at the sport as a whole: it is here a variant of the ground fighting, which is used for most Olympic sports such as judo or wrestling. Basically, the BLM has not taken the time to learn the sport before it has rendered the decision. "
    Picked up at http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opti...rticle&id=1783

This kinda came out of the blue today. UFC 99 was pretty damn successful, I can't imagine what suddenly made them decide that it wasn't good enough any more. If anyone over there can chime in on this, it'd be incredibly helpful.

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 9:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It appears that this will only affect the State of Bavaria, not Germany as a whole.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 9:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So soccer kicking is a "standing taboo"? Being lectured about violence by Germans has a special flavor all its own.

At the end of the day their better nature shines through. I mean, we taught them a lesson in 1918, and they've hardly bothered us since then.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 9:15pm

Style: AMAI TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Germany hasn't bothered us since 1918?

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 9:37pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <redacted>
    Last edited by Plasma; 3/19/2010 9:54pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 9:41pm

Style: Hapkido/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A french guy beating up an italian guy, sounds about right in both cases.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 9:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    whoa, hang on, let's not be so hasty before throwing out the N-card. I'm sure none of really think that this is the same group of people that executed the Holocaust.

I posted this to try and get some people from the area to try and write to newspapers or something, in an effort to clear up misconceptions and so forth. When MMA was getting a bad reputation in Australia, the response from Bullies was great. Can we please do the same thing here?

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 9:53pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    whoa, hang on, let's not be so hasty before throwing out the N-card. I'm sure none of really think that this is the same group of people that executed the Holocaust.

I posted this to try and get some people from the area to try and write to newspapers or something, in an effort to clear up misconceptions and so forth. When MMA was getting a bad reputation in Australia, the response from Bullies was great. Can we please do the same thing here?
    Oh, you were hoping for something serious? I was leaving Lebell bait. I'll redact it.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 9:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Se-Jong TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    German media is very sensitive to violence. When I was there twenty years ago, there was very little blood on tv--they were less strict than American TV when it came to nudity and fould language, but there was little violence and even less blood.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 10:07pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't believe that the people who used to carry around longswords are now so sensitive to violence.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast