Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 2:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pesonally I think you are allways better to go through the company you intend to work for before you do the training anyway.
    There is not only the risk of a scam but also the risk of being placed in a position that is so bad they can only get new people to do it.
    Down my way we have subcontracting security companies who really will take any old piece of **** in a uniform but will never turn down a job even if it is unsafe.
    What is described, to me just seems to ring the same alarm bells.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 11:08pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I applied, they had a video about shoplifting, and they said that they had a lot of positions especially in "loss management" or something like that. They mentioned that if I got enough training I could be trained to make arrests and all that jazz. Then I told them that I don't want to have to arrest people or be in that kind of dangerous situation, and the guy said that they had all kinds of other openings too.

I think the main alarm bells for me are the cost, and the idea that they are making their profit both from your fees and supposedly from employers that pay them to send their graduates. It just didn't pass my "Is this the way the world really works?" test.

Posted On:
    5/30/2013 12:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun & Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for reviving a old thread but i could not help but notice the complete stupidity the guy was spewing about Ontario Security Training being a scam.... and a class action lawsuit.
    I can personaly vouch that they are legit in the terms that i have taken the course and have further gone on to get my Security licence.... i started with the basic security training which involved first aid and 48 hours of training. As well as a exam to get my basic training number... you know how you can tel they are legit? when they give you the training number it was registered into the Ministry... easy way to tell. They offer full security courses for armed security as well. which can pay big bucks.... and when you have the big stuff you can easily get a position in the Pickering Power Plant.... thats over 60$ an hour. with full benefits including paid vacation.
    They are legitimate. they have found me a job very promptly after i got my licence. They give you the tools needed in the basic training to pass and ace the security exam for the ministry. So yea. Dont believe me ill give you my security licence number and my profile page on Ontario Security Training's website.

Posted On:
    5/30/2013 2:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by weewoozesty View Post
    They offer full security courses for armed security as well. which can pay big bucks.... and when you have the big stuff you can easily get a position in the Pickering Power Plant.... thats over 60$ an hour. with full benefits including paid vacation.
    Bull ****. The Armed Guards that come out to protect my ass while I am working are lucky to make $12/hr.

I have known armed guards Nuck plants they are nowhere close to making a 120k a year.

If you want to make any money as a security contractor you bet your sweet ass its going to be in a warzone.

Posted On:
    5/30/2013 6:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.mypowercareer.com/Content...ons/Index.html

Trying to find a pay scale. Although I would pay guards $60 an hour there. You would not want them to **** that job up.

http://forums.blueline.ca/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9535
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 5/30/2013 6:38am at .
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Posted On:
    5/30/2013 11:38am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    http://www.mypowercareer.com/Content...ons/Index.html

Trying to find a pay scale. Although I would pay guards $60 an hour there. You would not want them to **** that job up.

http://forums.blueline.ca/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9535
    Yeah 60-70k figure is far off of the $60/hr figure almost by 1/2.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/30/2013 12:33pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Being a security guard isn't something I'd recommend to anyone looking to make a lot of money or advance in their field.

Posted On:
    5/30/2013 12:54pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Being a security guard isn't something I'd recommend to anyone looking to make a lot of money or advance in their field.
    That is for sure on the other hand if you find interesting ways to deal with the mind numbing boredom and the constantly being talked down to it is an extremely easy job.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234