Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    4/07/2010 1:10am

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    I was under the impression Alberta didn't require a license. Last time I worked out there was about five years ago and we were told we could use hand cuffs or batons or pretty much anything.

I'm interested to know if it's changed.
    No, you need it. And I've had to get one ever since I moved back here from BC about 5 years ago...
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Posted On:
    4/08/2010 11:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Canadian Security Academy Inc. Scam

Hy guys, I am setting up something for Saturday April 10th in front of the building. for all the victims and anyone who thinks scamming people is wrong. i am also looking for anyone who has contacted a lawyer in regards to this horrible scam.

I went there today, i am a 18 year old with a fresh brain soaking up anything and everything there is to know about the law. when i heard about this i phoned them right up and asked if i could get a interview (not know that this is a scam) i went in there filled out some bullshit application with MATH QUESTIONS (what P.I or guard needs to know math!) i got in front of the dude who told me they will get me my drivers license, my security guard license and the 5 certificates that come with it for 250$ upfront and the rest off the 600$ at a later time.

Im white and when i looked around there what seemed to be a lot of immigrants and people that need this way more than i did. i feel bad that those people are not going to get what they paid for and not the proper training. its wrong to do that to ANYONE doesn't matter if white brown Asian or anyone!. i feel very strongly that this guy would take advantage of the people and young people like me form a great job opportunity's.

i found it hard in my head to think. this man beside me filling out the same sheet has kids, a wife and not a lot of money to support them. Now he is going to be trapped in this and i feel sorry for him. that why on Saturday April 10th we will be getting together.

FOR ANYONE WHO WANT TO HELP FIGHT THESE PEOPLE MY NUMBER IS 905 728 3462 I WILL BE POSTING A MESSAGE TO EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM TO WHETHER THEY WANT TO COME AND IF SO START A LEGAL BATTLE SO JUSTICE CAN HAPPEN

Saturday April 10th AT 3 O'CLOCK OUTSIDE THE 2130 Lawrence AV E
    3 O'CLOCK LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.i NEED AT LEAST 10 PEOPLE TO POST ME BACK MY MSN FACE-BOOK AND EMAIL IS UP ALL DAY TOMORROW TILL 7. AND AGAIN IF ANYONE WHO HAS STARTED OR WANNA START A LEGAL BATTLE AGAINST THEM PLEASE PHONE OR FIND A WAS TO REACH ME.

WE WILL BE FIGHTING FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GOT SCAMMED AND TO KNOW THE REASON WHY AND A SETTLEMENT!
    ASK THE QUESTION TO YOURSELF. IS THIS A JUST THING TO DO! WE CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE AND WE MUST FIGHT TOGETHER TO ACHIEVE JUSTICE

brian patterson -facebook
    motu_trippin@hotmail.com msn/hotmail
    905 728 3462 - all day tomorrow till 7 pm (best way to get in touch)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2010 11:36pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brian,

I know about the Canadian Security Academy scam. The security training company that I refer to is a different one.
    I am concerned that
    A) This should be in a separate thread.
    B) This is your first and only post on bullshido
    C) If you are talking about filing a lawsuit... the articles I read about Canadian Security Academy being a scam are old. I don't know if they have cleaned up their act or not, but if you just went there today and have not paid them anything then they have not done you any harm. If you are looking to make a class action lawsuit you need to talk to a lawyer and get in touch with other people who have been scammed that are willing to engage in a legal battle.
    D) A lot of what you posted makes me think you are
    :bsflag:
    I don't know if its the other things I mentioned, the fact your trying to plan this only 1 day in advance and admit to not having 10 people yet, but your post raises a lot of red flags for me.

Oh and if anyone wonders, I got work as a grade-school tutor part time while I look for my career job.

Posted On:
    4/09/2010 12:54am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey man dont call me out for bullshittin. i ment the ONTARIO Security Training i just hate seeing people get scammed man and you are calling me a bull shitter. areyou trying to help the cause as well instead of accusing me of a bunch of stuff. if your a real man u would help out

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2010 1:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, your account of the entrance is the same as mine. They try and make you feel very special as though being able to do basic math and spell are special skills. Let me ask you though, did you pay them for the course?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2010 2:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also I'm not sure there is legal grounds for them to actually be a scam. With the other one you mention... Canadian Security Acadamy or something like that... they were a scam because they did not actually have employers which was verbally promised. Ontario Security Training does charge very high rates for a course that I'm not sure is necessary although the manager said that at some date a 5 day course will become mandatory for your application for a license. However, as long as they provide you with the training promised, and they have actual employers for the people who pass their courses, I'm not sure they can be called a scam as they deliver what is promised.

Oh, and I've thought about the entrance tests. They may be for the purpose of ensuring the people they send to employers have basic literacy, and some intelligence.

I still think its slimy though, as they are charging for a course that at the moment may not be necessary, and something that an employer should pay for. Also they are charging unemployed people an arm and a leg for a 2 day course. I don't like it, and I think its slimy, but I'm not sure its a scam yet. I also want to know how you intend legal action against them if they have not taken your money?

Posted On:
    4/09/2010 12:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

i intend to find out what is really going on in that

i intend to find out what is really going on in that company, my dad is a P.I and he is going to be teaching courses for the new guard and Pi courses and i am certain that those courses are not up yet. i intend to phone a lawyer and find out if the info they gave me was valid. but i am still queery to know that i can get my drivers license in 2 weeks?!?!?!? i got a meeting with them at 4 today and i don't know what to do.....i promised them the 250 while he promised me all this stuff....should i take them seriously? (the course they offed was the 2 week course and 40 hrs)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2010 12:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say if your not feeling certain you should verify somehow that it is correct before you sign up. I checked online with the better business bureau and I googled their name and the word "scam". There is one complaint about them with the BBB regarding being unable to be able to get a refund or something like that, and nothing under google and scams. I would contact a well known security company such as Paragon, and try and see if they can verify that this company is legit, or at least that the steps to becoming a security guard are the same as what they say. If you find out please post your findings.
    Also I don't know how they can get you a drivers license. They aren't a driving school. Go to CAA or AAA if you want driving lessons and a shorter probationary license. Go to the ministry of transportation for your driving tests and information. There's driver's handbooks you can buy at Canadian Tire to study.

Posted On:
    8/02/2010 11:04am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ontario Security Training is SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!

I already have my ontario security guard license from the ministry. OST advertised that they are looking for 160 guards, so I applied and they called me for an "interview". During the interview, that old retarded man started to sell me his courses with two other fellows that were with him. One was old, one was young (Both white ethnicity) and one black man. I agreed, because they guaranteed me the job and lifetime placement. BUT IT WAS ALL LIE. I paid them 299.99 plus tax and after that rubbish course I got no job??? and now when i call them they say that I should get shot in my head and they care nothing at all. I called the security companies that are associated with them, like Garda, G4S etc.etc. These companies said they are NOT associated with OST. But I noticed that the security companies are ALSO involved in this scam to get money from people because whoever talked to me from the security companies got very rude that why I am asking him about OST. I also made a complaint to Ministry and got NO DAMN reply from them.

Ontario security training is a SCAM SCAM SCAM and government agencies and other security companies DO NOTHING - it PROVES that they also some ransom amount of money from the scammers.

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 1:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually stumbled across an office of theirs in Mississauga by chance last Friday. Figuring that it wouldn't hurt to ask, I filled out their pre-screening form and had a brief chat with one of the agents there. He told me that there would never be enough manpower to fill all the openings there are in Ontario, said that now regulations require all new applicants to complete a 40-hour training course, and promised that the $453 (tax included) would be refunded if they cannot find me a job in 30 days. Training was to be headed by former police officers and such...... although I probably should have asked if by "guaranteed placement" he meant "the jobs are up for grab" or merely "the employers are there- I dumped your resume in a public place and you're on your own from now on"......

Time to start checking...... :read2:
    Last edited by dy031101; 8/11/2010 1:22pm at .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast