BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    3/18/2010 8:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

AP Stylebook adds MMA, Ultimate Fighting

Just got my AP Stylebook update . . . and they've added MMA and "ultimate fighting." They note that "ultimate fighting" is trademarked . . . I'm surprised it's not capitalized. Check out the styles.

Breathalyzer Trademarked name for a device to test blood alcohol level. Use a generic description if the brand is unknown.

high-five (n.), high-fived (v.)

mike (n.) Shortened form of microphone. Microphone preferred on first reference. Use miked, miking as the verb forms.

mixed martial arts Generic term for bouts featuring boxing, wrestling, taekwondo and judo. Don't use ultimate fighting, a registered trademark, unless the event is sanctioned by Ultimate Fighting Championship.

thumbs-up, thumbs-down

ultimate fighting A registered trademark. Use the generic term mixed martial arts for bouts featuring boxing, wrestling, taekwondo and judo. Ultimate Fighting Championship is acceptable for events sanctioned by that group.

Posted On:
    3/18/2010 8:10pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right next to the definitions of AK-47, I suspect.

AK-47 term that describes any high-powered military assault weapon capable of shooting through buildings, schools and bringing down airplanes. Comes with a clip that holds 30 to 1000 rounds.

And they wonder why traditional media outlets are collapsing in the face of grass-roots journalism.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2010 8:41pm

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post

AK-47 term that describes any high-powered military assault weapon capable of shooting through buildings, schools and bringing down airplanes. Comes with a clip that holds 30 to 1000 rounds.
    The Taliban and Somali Pirates will be thrilled when they hear about this new development.

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    3/18/2010 9:30pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Right next to the definitions of AK-47, I suspect.

AK-47 term that describes any high-powered military assault weapon capable of shooting through buildings, schools and bringing down airplanes. Comes with a clip that holds 30 to over 9000 rounds.

And they wonder why traditional media outlets are collapsing in the face of grass-roots journalism.
    fixed for the interwebz.