Style
    Boxing, BJJ (white belt)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

PMA Gracie Jiujitsu Bedford Hills NY

Hey everyone, I just wanted to know if anyone has or currently trains at this school?

I'm looking for input on what to expect at this place. I took a free class last Sunday, and it happened to be a day they worked on Mission Control to Jiu-claw. Took my brother who is a corrections officer, not that flexible and was new to BJJ. After the class, he decided it wasn't for him.

I signed up because it's close to where I work, and I really don't want to waste any more time not training. I will only going be on Sat/Sun, Saturday being Gi, Sunday noGi.

Anyway, any input would be appreciated.

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Howdy neighbour! I live nearby in Yorktown. While I haven't been to the gym myself, I understand it has a good BJJ instructor but I am not certain how their standup curriculum is. A friend of mine enrolled there, so I will ping him and let you know his thoughts.

Another school in the area is Alpha Combat MMA. I enrolled in their school and loved the experience, leaving only due to personal scheduling issues. The instructors are experienced fighters and the school participates in, and hosts, regular tournaments and workshops. They are located over in Mahopac. If you want to talk further, feel free to PM me.

Style
    Boxing, BJJ (white belt)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since I live in Mohegan Lake, that would be closer to home, but unfortunately I already got locked into a contract with this place, or else I would've checked it out.

I'd like to hear from your friend. I'm not currently interested in any of the stand up classes, I only have time to train twice a week and I would prefer BJJ (2 month old son at home eats up 90% of my time). I only care about the quality of the BJJ instruction.

Thanks!

Ps. Royce Gracie will be doing a seminar there in April, though I won't be able to attend due to work. Just a heads up.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens! supporting member

Style
    karate / bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    in future, it's probably better to ask for input on a school before you sign the contract.

Style
    Boxing, BJJ (white belt)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, it would've been smart to do my homework, but information about the place is limited on the web, and I can't view this website from work. I hardly get a chance to even go on the internet. Hell, I'm trying to find time right now to get to a laundromat to shrink my new Gi before Saturday.

I heard about this place from a Blue belt who trains there, who happens to work at the Hospital with me. We spoke briefly a few times, and he mentioned that he is training for the NAGA tournament. He seemed like a nice guy, but because I now work a 3-11pm shift, I no longer see him.