Page 12 of 14 First ... 2891011121314 Last
    Style
    xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwan_dao View Post
    Thats quite obviously bad kung-fu rebranded as "ancient persian". A relatively stupid move, considering how many persians live in diaspora, and how hard they cling to their traditions. Any persian will almost instantly call bullshit on this one.

Persian martial arts are heavily influenced by India. So much they even resemble each other in the names.

The traditional system, often called Varzesh-e Pahlavani, which is supposed to translate to "Sport of the Heroes" is a mixture of strongmen exercises and "Koshti" wrestling. Persians totally dig wrestling anyhow.

Kosthi looks like this:

YouTube- koshti iran قهرمان ایران امید امیری.dat

or this (Kosthi wrestler at international tournaments):

YouTube- iran wrestling

finally this is Pahlavani:

YouTube- Varzeshe Pahlevani

The only influence china has on Persia/Iran lies in delivering surface-to-air missile systems and toasters to the country.
    I heard they like sanda over there, so that might not be true.

Style
    Toas
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    I visited this place a few years ago. Like about 8 or 9. I had been kickboxing for a while and was looking to try something new. I went there and signed up for a few months. I mostly wanted to spar some of the guys but was told that I didn't know enough of the system in order to fight properly with them. So I learned a few forms and finally go to spar with some of the top students. That was only after I told them that I was going to quit because the place didn't spar enough.

So I spar with one of the guys. We put on sparring gear, and I do what I usualy do when I spar. My favorite combo is a left jab, right leg kick, then left jab fake right cross, left hook, right leg kick. I just like it and get good results from it. So I do that and Sifakoo jumps in and tells me that the kick I did is not practiced there becasue it will get me hurt. I was also told not to strike to the head so hard. The other guy's nose was bloody now.

So I get another guy to spar with and I accidentally(did on purpose) kicked him in the leg and he went down. I was stopped and told that I was not allowed to spar with them any more because they are too advanced for me. I need to learn forms for a few more months. I left and never went back.

I taught a self defense class at the health department about a year ago, and one of his students was there. She came up to me afterwards and told me that the simple stuff I showed her there was better than most of the stuff she had learned from Sifakoo. She wanted to come train with me but I mostly just roll with guys that I work with and don't teach or anything. So I told her no.

So basically, save your time and money. Don't go there.

I've been training under Master Safakhoo for 26 years and counting. Until you have experienced this type of (old school) training (TOAS) and discipline for this amount of time, none of you have a clue concerning Master Safakhoo's Strategy Of Survival!!

Now, Diesel tke, I don't mean any disrespect,but obviously you and I did not full contact spar! Because that would have been an experience that you would not forget!!

Sincerely,

Kfj, H.I./R.V.

Style
    lol yet again more Judo !
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kfj1990 View Post
    I've been training under Master Safakhoo for 26 years and counting. Until you have experienced this type of (old school) training (TOAS) and discipline for this amount of time, none of you have a clue concerning Master Safakhoo's Strategy Of Survival!!

Now, Diesel tke, I don't mean any disrespect,but obviously you and I did not full contact spar! Because that would have been an experience that you would not forget!!

Sincerely,

Kfj, H.I./R.V.
    Oh man... did you not read the thread or are you just pretending you haven't read the thread?

Either way thank you for stopping by, I hope you stick around and talk about how you can show us what 26 years of practice looks like but never do it.

Honestly I doubt you are a disciple of Master Safakhoo. I would not think someone as noncontact and adverse to challenge as he seems, would like you making thinly veiled threats and making tough guy talk on a forum. Probably just another 13 year old troll all butt hurt and trying to cause trouble because we don't believe ninja magic and chi are real.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sincerely,

Kfj, H.I./R.V.
    Ha! Classic "You don't understand the real system, like me" defense without addressing anything in the quoted post.

I am sorry you wasted 26 years of your life.

Style
    Toas
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Oh man... did you not read the thread or are you just pretending you haven't read the thread?

Either way thank you for stopping by, I hope you stick around and talk about how you can show us what 26 years of practice looks like but never do it.

Honestly I doubt you are a disciple of Master Safakhoo. I would not think someone as noncontact and adverse to challenge as he seems, would like you making thinly veiled threats and making tough guy talk on a forum. Probably just another 13 year old troll all butt hurt and trying to cause trouble because we don't believe ninja magic and chi are real.

I'm stating facts from my 26 years experience of study under Master Safakhoo.I don't need to defend , address, go back and forth, argue, or prove anything to any one or need man's approval. A true martial artist understands this and doesn't disrespect another art because of differences. Like I said, none of you have any idea or know anything of Master Safakhoo's concept of Strategy Of Survival unless you are a true and dedicated practitioner of Toas/Nabard, Again, I don't need to explain anything to anyone. All my explanations are executed through the outward expression of Toas/Nabard by process of application in ALL aspects of life.That is all I have to say and all I will say because haters going to hate. I wish you all the best in your choice of martial art..........

Sincerely,

Kfj...H.I./R.V.

Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm stating facts from my 26 years experience of study under Master Safakhoo.I don't need to defend , address, go back and forth, argue, or prove anything to any one or need man's approval. A true martial artist understands this and doesn't disrespect another art because of differences. Like I said, none of you have any idea or know anything of Master Safakhoo's concept of Strategy Of Survival unless you are a true and dedicated practitioner of Toas/Nabard, Again, I don't need to explain anything to anyone. All my explanations are executed through the outward expression of Toas/Nabard by process of application in ALL aspects of life.That is all I have to say and all I will say because haters going to hate. I wish you all the best in your choice of martial art..........

Sincerely,

Kfj...H.I./R.V.
    If you don't need to explain it when why are you here explaining it?
    Ne Obliviscaris

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sincerely,

Kfj...H.I./R.V.
    Oh god, the "True Martial Artist" defense.

True Martial Artists know how to fight. That something Master Safakhoo never taught you.

Style
    Toas
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    If you don't need to explain it when why are you here explaining it?
    No explanation, making a statement. Master Safakhoo is a good man! Just because one doesn't like him gives no right to disrespect him or his school. That's all I'm stating.

Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No explanation, making a statement. Master Safakhoo is a good man! Just because one doesn't like him gives no right to disrespect him or his school. That's all I'm stating.
    A statement is a kind of explanation. Also you said you're not here to defend him and then you defend him.

Anyway, enough semantics as you're clearly confused. It looks like a poor martial art that's taught badly, can you prove otherwise?
    Ne Obliviscaris

Page 12 of 14 First ... 2891011121314 Last