Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    3/18/2010 11:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    People are not going to be very nice to you when you talk about this type of stuff. Mainly because there is a large amount of video evidence that 99% of Wing Chun sucks. As opposed to combat sports, which have been proven effective in the ring, on the street and in actual wartime combat.

The move you're referring to in your post above is called a sprawl. It comes from wrestling and was incorporated to deal with double and single leg takedowns, which are also from wrestling.

I would suggest you start an introductory thread in the Newbietown forum. Members are required to be civil there. That is not the case anywhere else on the site, and you are repeating some pretty tired and cliched Wing Chun arguments.

I hope you're young and ignorant because if you're not it means you're probably just stupid.
    Wow, 1 percent? You're more generous than I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    3/18/2010 2:57pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyunus View Post
    These guys can also be a pain in the ass. They often go for defence and since they are real small its crazy hard to break their frames without using strength.
    I have found that if somebody knows how to frame, it is difficult to break it apart regardless of their size. I have problems with big guys and smaller women who know how to properly frame.

Instead of trying to break frames, you should be trying to move around them and/or pin them with movement, not strength. Muscling them (pushing directly into them with your hands or body) is not a good approach; they will win most of the time.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    3/18/2010 3:57pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This big guy small guy is confusing - I'm 6 ft 1 but 165...

Anyway, I don't enjoy rolling with the smaller guys as much. We don't have any really skilled little guys at my school. When I roll with the ones who are smaller I end up sort of coaching the whole time or feeding them subs so I can work escapes which isn't as much fun to me.

I'll take a more challenging partner any day - bigger, better, stronger, faster, whatever as long as I learn something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2010 9:05pm

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Skippy View Post
    I have found that if somebody knows how to frame, it is difficult to break it apart regardless of their size. I have problems with big guys and smaller women who know how to properly frame.

Instead of trying to break frames, you should be trying to move around them and/or pin them with movement, not strength. Muscling them (pushing directly into them with your hands or body) is not a good approach; they will win most of the time.
    Yeah thats a good advice, and thats also what I try to do.

However its still a pain in the ass sometimes. Like we have this girl in the gym which is same level with me but she is real small.

When we roll together if I m on top or on the back she just crosses her arms around the neck and since everything is so small its very hard to get something in. Its just like a turtle that pulls everything in.
    Of course if it was a fight that kind of strategy would be deadly for yourself however while rolling it just pisses you off.

Thats what I like about BJJ though, its like ground fighting chess, I don't even think I m fighting sometimes if I m rolling with higher belts, its just like a game.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 2:20am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think taller guys should be obligated to get a few inches sawed off their legs before taking Judo. I am tired of tall guys and their long limbs trying to sweep, hook or otherwise reap me out of nowhere at all.

Oh yeah, and that big guy special move, belly-kami-shiho-gatame, or whatever, the one where they smother you with their bellies when in north-south, totally illegal.

Give a medium guy a break.

-J, 5'10, 155 pounds.

On topic : there's no real shortage of people my size, so I don't get to roll with bigger people all that often. However, I have fought bigger people on the ground before, and I found it totally thrilling. Imagine an AI opponent in a video game totally cheating his circuit balls off, but then you win and you feel great. In the event that you do happen to catch a bigger guy, that's what it feels like.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 3:28am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm about 20lbs away from LHW. I figure by summer, I should be firmly entrenched as a 200lbs'er. What's fucked up is my son will probably outweigh me by then, he's hovering around 205 now.

Click on my public profile to see my sexiness, and the brute on the right that is my progeny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Weak

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 6:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandinha View Post
    Click on my public profile to see my sexiness, and the brute on the right that is my progeny.
    Noooooo!! There is nothing more confusing than being pwned with class, grace and skill by children who outweigh me and have trained since they were out of diapers.

You've done good Pandy :p
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 10:01am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Argh, being also a rather bigger person...It is often that I do not find some one as big as me! (better technique training) but looks like I have to work with what I have

although....I should cross train and visit more seminars then! I would be able to meet bigger people :) my gym has a good 3 big people

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 10:22am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm about 20lbs away from LHW. I figure by summer, I should be firmly entrenched as a 200lbs'er. What's fucked up is my son will probably outweigh me by then, he's hovering around 205 now.

Woah dude! I thought your son was like 4 at the Mega in 2007. You have a 200lb 7 year old?!

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 11:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Can we have your son fight Rudy? That would be so epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 LastLast