Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 9:57pm

Style: Enshin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He sorta mentioned it on the Adam Carolla podcast. give me a sec and Ill chop up those parts and post it on youtube

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 9:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.genelebell.com/index.html

Get his book "The Godfather of Grappling." Shoot him an email and he will sign it for you. All the stories are in there. Tell him I said hi.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 10:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick58 View Post
    If had the chance any of you guys would step in the ring with Piper?
    If I could run from him for 1 minute and still get paid..maybe.:laughing7
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 10:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes Bad News Brown. Thats the guy Piper fought when he painted himself half black.:new_black

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 10:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My favorite wrestler from the 'old days' was Terrible Terry Funk, because he used to use the Sleeper ..
    I also liked Kamala the Ugandan Giant and Papa Shongo...and my favorite tag team was probably the Hart Foundation.
    But I only really watched wrestling for about 3 years. It was big when I was in Elementary school...back when the biggest league was still known as the WWF.Hulk Hogan was the man back then..
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 10:09pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    If I could run from him for 1 minute and still get paid..maybe.:laughing7
    Piper's actually doing stand up comedy. Instead of getting in the ring, maybe a new Abbott & Costello act? :gwbdance:

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 10:49pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was a huge fan of wrestling as a kid (Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Sting) but stopped watching until the Attitude era (Stone Cold, The Rock, NWO) and watched it til after the demise of WCW. Things went down hill for me when HHH made the video re-enacting Kane having sex with a dead body. Things just starting sucking more around that time.

I am a huge fan of the athleticism involved but just can't stand the story line they try to do.

YouTube- tiger mask vs dynamite kid 2

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 10:57pm

Style: Enshin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok guys here you go. Also: long live lucha libre!!!!!

YouTube- Rod piper on the adam carolla podcast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 11:08pm

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember hearing about Piper and judo back in the day and being impressed. I believe he was also a pretty decent amateur boxer who competed in some of the golden gloves events but I couldn't say for sure.

I was a wrestling fan back when Hulk was huge and still catch it once in a while. Some of the athletes they have in wrestling are just amazing. Plus, being a Minnesotan I was lucky enough to see the last days of the AWA in its glory...But like Coffeefan, I could do without some of the "shock" angles. That is part of the reason that Japanese pro wrestling is amazing to watch as is some of the stuff from Mexico (but my God they love wrestling midgets down there).

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 11:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Undertaker was probably my favourite wrestler when I was a kid/young teen. I haven't watched wrestling for years now, so I don't know what happened to make him act more human now...

Being dumbass kids, we would tombstone each other in the playground. Well, that and everything else we saw wrestlers do on TV - but in hindsight, piledrivers onto tarmac were probably the most insane things that we acted out...

Remember that Brutus the Barber guy (the guy with the face that they said would fall apart if he got punched)? Let's just say that a kid at my school got his hair and a bit of scalp cut (not by me) with garden shears because of that cat.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast