Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 11:47am

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Does this look like Mcdojo Kali, or legit?

Every kali instructor i've ever seen, legitimate or not, looked like an awkward dweeb. This guy is no exception, but that doesn't really get me too far.

http://www.indykalisilat.com/

Is anything on this site or the video throwing up red flags, or is this how a legit, alive kali org's website should look? Anybody have any experience with this guy? I know there are some other indy posters around here.

I really think it would be cool to learn to hit people with twigs so kali is something ive always been interested in dabbling in. Help me out, bullshido!

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 11:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suprore View Post
    I really think it would be cool to learn to hit people with twigs so kali is something ive always been interested in dabbling in. Help me out, bullshido!
    You're a fucking idiot.

That's all the help I can give you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 12:02pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    okay i'm sorry i mean endeavor to unlock my true potential through a heartfelt study of brutal, deadly, ancient philipino knife fighting secrets passed down from old masters. So i might defend myself or my family in the event of a real deadly streets spanish conquistadors kind of a scenario.

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 1:49pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It always galls me to see picture upon picture of a guy glad-handing it with a dozen different big-name martial artists. Is he a student of theirs? Perhaps. Is it more likely that he just went to a seminar and had a pic taken with them? Much more likely - I'm not saying he's a fraud, just a whole lot easier to do a seminar (hell, even visit a martial arts trade show) and get a pic out of the deal than it is to attend classes.

He lists a half-dozen people "he has studied under" - well great, but what does that mean? Again, does that mean a seminar or two, or long-time, direct contact? I didn't see anything on the site where he actually says what he is authorized to teach, and by whom.

The video wasn't the best representation of skills, but since he's only got 10 seconds or so to work with, and he's teaching a drill, I wouldn't comment on his abilities one way or another.

Summing up, can't stand the "skills by association" photo gallery, and wish there was a lot more hard information on who has certified him. Emailing him with respectful questions would go a long way to clear up those issues.