Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 11:30am

Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking for the DoD release that they canceled there contract with Eotech over the high failure rate and need to keep sending them to L3 for repair. as soon as i get it i'll post the link if it's not limited to AAF

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 11:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Correction they have stopped Buying them.

Posted 07 September 2009 13:48 07 September 2009 13:48 You may remember a thread about this a while back. A secomd company was unable to meet criteria and wanted a wasiver for durability and battery life. Not gettig it they protested and were denied, and apparently sought legal action.

This has been tied up for a while...

US Army Chooses Aimpoint CompM4s Sight as New Close Combat Optic

Email this Article
    Company Profile
    Contact Company
    Subscribe

Close Move

New Contract for 565,783 Optical Sights.

Aimpoint, the originator and worldwide leader in electronic red dot sighting technology, has been awarded a new contract from the US Army for supply of up to 565,783 M68 Close Combat Optic rifle sights. The Aimpoint CompM4s was chosen following an extensive evaluation and competitive trial of available optical sights by the army's Research & Development Command (ARDEC) at Picatinny Arsenal, NJ.

Aimpoint was the only manufacturer whose product fulfilled the army's rigourous testing criteria during this evaluation, and is the only manufacturer to be selected as a qualified vendor for this contract.

Aimpoint Compm4s
    The sight chosen by the Army, the Aimpoint CompM4s, features a battery compartment positioned near the sight base, which gives the sight a streamlined profile and places the switch and battery in a more protected position. A ruggedized switch knob has been integrated as part of the battery compartment housing and features 7 night vision compatible settings and 9 daylight settings.

The modular QRP2 mount maximizes product application for all M4 Carbines and M16 rifles, and eliminates the need for a separate mounting ring. The electronic components in the CompM4s include the latest ACETdiode circuitry, which allows the sight to run continuously for up to 8 years on a single battery, and features an internal voltage regulator that makes it possible to utilize any AA sized battery found worldwide for power.

The sight features a 2 minute-of-angle (MOA) dot size, making it perfectly suited for use with Aimpoints 3X Magnifier (3XMag), Aimpoint Concealed Engagement Unit (CEU), and all generations of night vision devices. The CompM4s is designed to function under hard use and extreme environmental conditions.

Close Combat Optics
    Aimpoint products are specifically designed to outperform all other alternatives - the troops count on us to be better said Lennart Ljungfelt, President of Aimpoint AB. Since 1997, Aimpoint has proven itself to be a reliable and trusted supplier to the US Armed Forces, and we are proud to continue our twelve year legacy as the supplier of the M68 Close Combat Optic to the US Army, US Navy, and US Air Force.

Aimpoint is the only manufacturer to be type classified for production of the M68 Close Combat Optic, and has consistently met the Army's stringent requirements for quality control and on-time deliveries. Over 750,000 Aimpoint sights have already been supplied to the US Military. Aimpoint products are used by military customers, law enforcement agencies and sportsmen worldwide.

if you need a link were this came from let me know
    or just add it here.
    http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a...51/m/693105793

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 11:53am

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Huh, I wonder if we'll ever get Aimpoints in the Corps...it'd be fun to try them out and see what they can do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 3:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what model eotech is your unit using? are you getting the battery box breaks? shut down of the site at inopportune times? sight turning off due to recoil? how often does some one down check an Eotech?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 3:54pm

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_malk View Post
    what model eotech is your unit using? are you getting the battery box breaks? shut down of the site at inopportune times? sight turning off due to recoil? how often does some one down check an Eotech?
    I don't know...they are kept in the armory. I've never had trouble with them, but I've used ACOGs more than the EOTech...only used the EOTech for training while using other guy's guns (the armorer/custodian did't tell me I could choose). I'll ask around and see if anyone has had trouble with them. I'm not sure about the model...I would guess at least 4 years old. Pretty much the ones where you press both the brightness +/- button to get the reticule to turn on, then individually adjust. I'll see if I can post a pic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 5:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    was just wondering because the 20% figure was a number tossed out by a US army armorer who knows his ****. these problems plus the auto turn off of the Eotech are the reason why the US Army buys' only aimpoints now.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234