Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Boxing and Breakdance

    52 Blocks vs? Stato Fist, is a documentary on the history of indigenous martial arts in America, that would inspire boxing and breakdance. Examining the past, present and future its several names, and locations. A ground breaking documentary...with action packed combat footage and an amazing story that has never been told before today. Check the link below to watch it online for free.
    http://52films.eventbrite.com/

    <object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SBg6MHLRsR0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    493
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have to register to watch. Are you advertising your "art" ?
    Combat Boxing - No BS MMA and Martial Arts


    Can you beat these guys?

    YouTube- Bboy battle - fight :D

    YouTube- Breakdance fight

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    493
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Skull and crossbones... Can I follow that up with some foom foom?
    Will it make me fight like Jet Li in 'Kiss Of The Dragon" ?


    YouTube- 52 Blocks Skull and Crossbones

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    493
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So there is defense against Muay Thai. Is this equivalent to wing chun's defense against the Boxer's Hook? No seriously, I want your opinion.

    YouTube- 52 Blocks Skull and Crossbones vs Muay Thai

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Deep inside the intestine of a sperm whale
    Posts
    180
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I do this skull and crossbones thingy.. do I have to start wearing baggy pants and shirts as well? I'd rather not, I have generally always worn clothes that actually fit me...........

  6. #6
    Uncle Skippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out West, USA
    Posts
    2,334
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandrun View Post
    So there is defense against Muay Thai. Is this equivalent to wing chun's defense against the Boxer's Hook? No seriously, I want your opinion.

    YouTube- 52 Blocks Skull and Crossbones vs Muay Thai
    Ask Kintanon about blocking Thai kicks with the forearms. I'm not poking fun at Kintanon in the least. He just happened to have his arm in the wrong place at the wrong time and "snap!"

    The outcome will likely eventually be the same for anyone who prefers using their forearms to block those kicks at near-full power.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    493
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But.. but... Kintanon was not doing 52 bongs.

    I want conraddean123's opinion. tee hee.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    880
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by conraddean123 View Post
    52 Blocks vs? Stato Fist, is a documentary on the history of indigenous martial arts in America, that would inspire boxing and breakdance.


    Call me Stupid McUglypants if you want, but is that post saying that Boxing originated in the USA and was inspired by 52 Blocks?

    I can't be arsed watching the video because this PC doesn't like flash player, so maybe I misunderstood.

  9. #9
    DdlR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,802
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandrun View Post
    Skull and crossbones... Can I follow that up with some foom foom?
    Will it make me fight like Jet Li in 'Kiss Of The Dragon" ?


    YouTube- 52 Blocks Skull and Crossbones
    Lots of bad blood between the producers of this documentary and the guy in that vid, last time I heard.

  10. #10
    DdlR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,802
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Solvalou View Post
    Call me Stupid McUglypants if you want, but is that post saying that Boxing originated in the USA and was inspired by 52 Blocks?

    I can't be arsed watching the video because this PC doesn't like flash player, so maybe I misunderstood.
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]
    He probably meant that the documentary refers to (deep breath) the US manifestation of a pan-African-diasporic martial arts tradition manifest as capoeira in Brazil, El Juego de Maní in Cuba, Danmye in Martinique, etc., which is alleged to have influenced both the development of breakdancing and boxing in the USA.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO