Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2010 4:53pm

Style: Judo, Wrestling, Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Baciarini's Martial Arts

Location 612 4th Street (the corner of 4th and E streets) Hours M W: 3:15pm-9pm, T Th: 3:45pm-9pm, F: 4:15pm-8pm Phone (530) 758-5431 Website http://www.baciarinimartialarts.com Owner(s) Manoi Richard Baciarini

I have recently gone out and just called this place a McDojo. It SCREAMS it. They have the "lil Cubs" programs, the birthday parties and 8 year old blackbelts.This started with a friend inviting me to one of the sessions. It looked like a dance class. So I openly called it a McDojo. So some asshole says I should fight his 8 year old...To which I said he should be nominated for father of the year.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2010 5:53pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I checked out their website and there are a great many things that do scream McDojo and it kinda smells like some Bullshido. The fact that the head instructor is a 2nd degree BB and so are many of his students that he has promoted is definately McDojo. Along with the generic use of the term kempo with no specific lineage attached to it. Any legit Kenpo/Kempo instructor will state which branch of the tree they come from and will state their lineage on the site.

Have you e-mailed them yet? I would like to know more of where they come from and such. As a Kenpo guy myself, I want the frauds outed(I am not saying he is a fraud yet), as the frauds have given one of my styles a bad rap.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2010 6:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have only talked to parents. like the dad who wants me to fight his 8 year old. Considered calling CPS on that guy. having your 8 year old get in a fist fight with a 6'6 full grown man doesnt sit right with me. I may film one of their ballet sessions and post it. Their entire "dojo" is surrounded by floor to ceiling windows. Oh and this is my first time calling out a McDojo, so if anyone has any suggestions on what I should ask. Please let me know.
    Last edited by Big Dozer; 3/14/2010 6:17pm at .

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    3/14/2010 11:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you should take a deep breath and calm down. I read your comments on Davis Wiki and frankly, you come off like a vengeful retard.

First of all, you write that "by definition, any black belt could beat any white belt." That's not true and simply propagates the black belt mythos. There's video of BJ Penn competing in a judo match as a judo white belt and beating a judo black belt. Does that mean the judoka's black belt isn't legit? No, it just mean a black belt doesn't mean what you think it does.

Then, a father of an 8 year of Baciarini's student offers to let his son spar with you and guarantees that he'll "tag you a few times before you know it." He then goes on to say that he knows his son won't be able to beat up a full-grown man, but thinks his son will show an appreciable level of skill.

This is a krotty school for kids. Of course they're going to have a "Lil Tigers/Dragons/Ninjas program. And birthday parties at the dojo are a legitimate money making idea.

Does it matter that the teacher doesn't verify his ke?po lineage? I dunno, I think the ke?po lineages that are supposedly legit are full of holes and fabrications anyway, but I don't really care enough about the style to devote much thought to it.

Is this a McDojo? Yeah, probably. Is it bullshido? No, not really. If you read the comments, the only people who seem to be dissatisfied with the school are you (who have never attended classes there) and one other poster with multiple accounts.

Not MABS worthy. Sorry Dozer, there are bigger fish to fry.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2010 12:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I basically said is that its a McDojo. A McDojo is a waste of money. I was trying to inform others that there are better places. I dont see anything wrong with stating the facts. Also I think its piss poor for any father to want his 8 year old in a physical altercation with a full grown man.