Thread: Salute!

Style
    FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Salute!

Salutations!

I am just popping in to see what all this "bullshido" is about and making my introduction.
    So far, I have to see what this is actually all about , myself, because I have only heard negative things about this site, mainly in the area of shredding people for any reason anyone can find.
    I sincerely hope this not to be the case and I hope that I find some kind of useful info on here.
    I am not here to argue with anyone over anything.
    I believe if you disagree with someone, say your peace, and be done with it.
    I do not, have not, and will not, believe you have to provide "3rd party verification" for a personal statement.
    People only ask for that so they can "win" or justify a disagreement.
    If you can't deal with someone elses opinion because it is different from yours,......TOUGH. Deal with it and move on.

Besides, he's not going to come to your house and shag your sister, is he? :angel2:

Anyway.....

let the journey begin.......

Style
    Hapkido/Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the site. I see that you train in Filipino martial arts, many of those styles have a good rep on this site, so you should be relatively safe from initial critisisms.

One piece of advice, don't take anything personally and you will do fine.

Style
    FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Much thanks for the welcome!

I should do my best!

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome! Bullshido may seem a little harsh at first so don't take it personally. The people that are getting ripped here brought it on themselves. There is nothing wrong with pointing out the bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bammx2 View Post
    I believe if you disagree with someone, say your peace, and be done with it.
    I do not, have not, and will not, believe you have to provide "3rd party verification" for a personal statement.
    Claiming something without the will or ability to back it up is frowned upon. If you think that your opinion is not worth defending then don't bother stating it.

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bammx2 View Post
    Why's that?

If I claimed to be your third-grade teacher and told everyone you sucked at spelling, wouldn't you be a bit skeptical?

This is the Internet. If someone can spell a claim, they can make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Style
    FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My reason for not providing a 3rd party verification for a personal opinion is just that... it's my opinion and I do not need a someone else to verify it.
    No one does.
    I don't need someone to "back me up" when I say I think the "stars" of High School Musical are so far in the closet, they have season tickets to Narnia.
    It's how I feel. If someone disagrees, they disagree.
    (for the record, High School Musical DOES inhale profusely and so does everyone it ;->)
    BUT, if I state a professional claim, then, it would be in my best interest to be able to provide ammo for my argument.

For instance, I replied to a post about Rapid Arnis.
    I can only give evidence of what I can prove in some way about the system and the founder.
    What I can't do is give evidence of personal run in's I have had with the same person because nothing is in writing.
    BUT, it doesn't mean it didn't happen. It just means it's his word against mine.
    Which is an argument that go one until......... ????????

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are going to have a rough time here.

For me anyway, I understand how Rhetoric and Semantics are perceived.
    Yet, everyone uses them.

Anyway here is the problem.

VS.
    My reason for not providing a 3rd party verification for a personal opinion is just that... it's my opinion and I do not need a someone else to verify it.
    Yes, this is a semantics issue but, it is an issue of interpretation. Opinion and statement are not the same thing in certain contexts.

You are talking about VERIFICATION in context to verifying something. In this instance, "statement" and "opinion" are opposed.

Style
    FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah. Damn.

That's a good point!

I guess the only hard time I am going to have learning how to word things a little better.
    "Welcome to the first day of school, Bammx2"! :-D

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Note also that any statement can be prefaced with the words "It is my opinion that..."

"Your mom is a classy lady!"
    "It is my opinion that your mom is a classy lady!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes it can. I was leaving for a movie so, I didn't go that far.