Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/14/2010 8:17pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yall also have to realize the difference between a "home invasion" and a burglary. Typically a "home invasion" is a "kick in your door and storm in armed" affair. A burglary, while with no less potential to turn violent or deadly, typically doesn't include the immediate violent assault.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    3/14/2010 8:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a knife next to my bed, that's about it.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    3/14/2010 8:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Yall also have to realize the difference between a "home invasion" and a burglary. Typically a "home invasion" is a "kick in your door and storm in armed" affair. A burglary, while with no less potential to turn violent or deadly, typically doesn't include the immediate violent assault.
    As a wise man once said to me "don't be in a hurry to take a bullet for your TV or VCR".

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    3/14/2010 11:10pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    As a wise man once said to me "don't be in a hurry to take a bullet for your TV or VCR".
    but that's where I hide my Heroin!!!

Posted On:
    3/15/2010 11:26am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For a burgulary I think you are very unlikely to be woken up in the middle of the night with somone silly enough to try to rob houses when there are people in it.
    You would be in far more danger coming home and suprising somone in the act and the best tactic would be to make a lot of noise and give the robber an escape route.
    but lets put the scares up you guys anyway
    http://www.maxynews.com/2010/02/abdu...-old-girl.html

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted On:
    3/15/2010 12:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Jits [2 Stripe White]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Ah, my mistake then.

Posted On:
    3/15/2010 12:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When we have "home invasion drills" we break into somebody's house. I guess we're doing it wrong.

Posted On:
    3/15/2010 4:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Do you and those who live with you ever think about what you'd do during a home invasion at night?

Growing up as a child I recall regular fire drills that my dad conducted religiously. Nowadays, I think I fear people more than fires.

What would your response be if you heard your front door broken down and the possibility of armed intruders? Am I being paranoid in that most of the home invasions reported seem to affect defenceless elderly or disabled people living on their own.

P.s. - I'm not involved with drugs or gangs :icescream
    Depends on how far you take it.

A little contingency planning is due diligence. Especially if you live around people. Not necessarily "high crime" people. Just people. In fact, criminals will case a "low crime" area, for obvious reasons.

Running some practice scenarios with air soft weapons is probably reasonable, and even kind of fun and challenging. Even better preparedness than simply making the plan, as you actually get to try it out.

Slicing the pie around your house with a live weapon in the middle of the night on the other hand...

...reckless, paranoid, and stupid. JMHO.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    3/15/2010 4:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Do you and those who live with you ever think about what you'd do during a home invasion at night?

Growing up as a child I recall regular fire drills that my dad conducted religiously. Nowadays, I think I fear people more than fires.

What would your response be if you heard your front door broken down and the possibility of armed intruders? Am I being paranoid in that most of the home invasions reported seem to affect defenceless elderly or disabled people living on their own.

P.s. - I'm not involved with drugs or gangs :icescream
    gimme your adress and im willing to play along.
    i wont tell you when i come, but i promise you it will be realistic and with much aliveness!

<3

<3

uncle Lebell.

Posted On:
    3/15/2010 4:42pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The majority of home invasions are either a knock on the door then force-in or a straight-up door kick; sometimes impersonating the police.

Most of them are looking for the dope or the money proceeds from selling dope, that's why many are staged as fake police raids...the resident hesitates thinking it really IS the police.

Naturally not ALL home invasions are to dopers..the horrible story of the Connecticut Dr who had his wife and daughter killed and house set afire for example. And sometimes the invaders (like the police) target the wrong house by accident...but the odds by far land on the "were involved in something that targeted them" side of the coin.

A recent invasion/murder in my area was discovered when a man was found tied to a chair...murdered in his own home. The media of course painted it as an "innocent suburbanite brutally killed". The truth was that a group of home contractors saw his marijuana grow operation in the house while doing a job and came back later to beat the location of the money proceeds out of the guy..he didn't survive the ordeal needlessly to say.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast