Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    3/21/2010 3:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whathappened View Post
    Genuine home defence question:
    Better to ambush or stalk/investigate unexpected noise/stranger/etc?
    i'd observe.
    first i'd like to see where/what it is the sounds come from, then pick my moment to end em.

if i'd be a scared american and paranoid bout people entering my home i'd do something different besides stocking up guns.
    i'd make a focuspoint of attention in my house.
    like you do in army tactics you bottleneck em to where you want to have him.

a fake rolex highly visible on a table, etc.
    so you know that if you get burglars in your house you have a 80% chance you'll know where they're going inside your house.
    thats valueble info right there.

personally i'd add the lebell touch, i'd rig the desk with the rolex in such a way that as soon as the animal touches the rolex it gets electrocuted.
    when he receives his first volts a screen will come up with a pre recorded message from me: ' hi, so you decided to rob my house...bad move...in the following last 2 hours of your life im going to show you why. enjoy!'

then i'd have this remote control where i could turn the volts up or down in the comfort of my own bed.

Posted On:
    3/21/2010 3:43am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whathappened View Post
    Genuine home defence question:
    Better to ambush or stalk/investigate unexpected noise/stranger/etc?

serious answer I am a security guard and I do the reverse of home invasions which is attend break ins. I make as much noise as possible while leaving the offender an escape route.
    Nobody wants to be engaged in a fire fight so having a couple of blanks and firing them off would do the trick. Otherwise I would make them stalk me. Find a defensive position and make them assult that. Talk to a soldier It is a nightmare scenario for them and as the home owner time is on your side.

by the way has anybody discussed claymores

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/21/2010 4:18am

supporting member
     Style: .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Can't help thinking though, in any area where a home invasion is likely, a burglary is more likely. Some criminal breaks into your home when you're not there, they're now going to be an exceptionally heavily armed criminal.
    It depends. To get into my home you need to come through a window (the doors are hardened points) which is likely to attract the attention of my rotties, who would already be raising a ruckus if you were on the property - they're protective *g*.

Then you would have to get in past them and we encourage them to remain protective unless we allow you into the house.

Then you would have to not be satisfied with the large amount of valuable electronics we have laying about, enough so to actually do some looking; I've worked at making the firearms not easy to find but easy to lay hands on if you know where they are.

This is all possible only if A: I'm not home (I work part-time, odd hours) and B: my neighbors whom are mostly retired/stay-at-home parents didn't notice anything and call 911, and we all keep a weather out on each others places.

If all this comes together and they get in, look around, and find the couple of .38 revolvers I don't bother to hide real well - they aren't "heavily armed" in comparison to what I carry anyway and it's doubtful they've had any training in defensive firearms use at all, and I've made a point of getting as much as I can. It helps that GunSite is a 2 hour drive away.

YMMV.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    3/21/2010 6:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    serious answer I am a security guard and I do the reverse of home invasions which is attend break ins. I make as much noise as possible while leaving the offender an escape route.
    Nobody wants to be engaged in a fire fight so having a couple of blanks and firing them off would do the trick. Otherwise I would make them stalk me. Find a defensive position and make them assult that. Talk to a soldier It is a nightmare scenario for them and as the home owner time is on your side.

ah i see.
    well in that case:

fortify your bedroom with steeldoors and bulletproof padding.
    also throw your wife outta the bedroom totally naked, the burglars will be too busy raping her while you sneak out f the window.
    if your wifereally loves you , you'll work things out afterwards.
    a good marriage can survive a storm or two.
    ;-)

Posted On:
    3/21/2010 6:07am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    ah i see.
    well in that case:

fortify your bedroom with steeldoors and bulletproof padding.
    also throw your wife outta the bedroom totally naked, the burglars will be too busy raping her while you sneak out f the window.
    if your wifereally loves you , you'll work things out afterwards.
    a good marriage can survive a storm or two.
    ;-)
    I am absolutly doing that during footy finals.

Posted On:
    3/21/2010 10:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just remember everyone...HIDE THE BROOM FROM YOUR KIDS

YouTube- A SHOEBOX IS NOT A GUN SAFE
    Last edited by maofas; 3/21/2010 10:50am at .

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    3/21/2010 1:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Remote detonation anti-personnel mines beneath the floorboards?

Just remember to stop the dog from chewing the remote control.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2010 2:24pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Security guard? Shooting blanks? Claymores?

Your a twat.

You must work for Key Security.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 9:19pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just decided to answer the OP my opinion, mind you I haven't read through the 14 pages of inevitable whatever that this thread is sure to produce.
    Have a plan for various home emergencies including fire. In the event of a fire you want to get your family out of the house and accounted for and probably meet in front of the house. In the event of a burglary you would probably want a custom plan depending on your circumstances. E.G. if you have a firearm you might want to stay in the bedroom and call the police. If you have a panic room you might want to get there. If neither you might want to get out of the house and into a neighbour's house. I don't think role playing or drilling this scenario will prevent much more harm than it causes your kids, probably just best that they know what to do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 1:10am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only question that hasnt been asked is what are the legal ramifications of defending said house and occupants?

Seems somewhat relevant for the serious answers that involved defending oneself with weapons.
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15 LastLast