Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 1:06pm

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right, sort of like hiring hackers to test security on an enterprise's website/server/database/etc.

Would using paint-ball guns be safer?

The Third Man

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 1:39pm

Style: Isshin-Ryu Karate,JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Do you and those who live with you ever think about what you'd do during a home invasion at night?

Growing up as a child I recall regular fire drills that my dad conducted religiously. Nowadays, I think I fear people more than fires.

What would your response be if you heard your front door broken down and the possibility of armed intruders? Am I being paranoid in that most of the home invasions reported seem to affect defenceless elderly or disabled people living on their own.

P.s. - I'm not involved with drugs or gangs :icescream
    I'd go "Death Wish" on the guy lucky enough to break into my house:

"Bang"!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 2:07pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My wife and I have a developed action plan should anyone try to or actually break into our house. We developed this plan to be able to defend and, if need be, clear the house of the invaders. I did this after beign challenged by one of my defensive handgun instructors. I went home and drew up the plan, then my wife and I ran throught it. It makes the chance of surviving a home invasion go up greatly. We keep access to firearms in each room, just in case. And I try to keep one on my person, as a precaution.

Paranoid? Maybe, but I would like to live to see my kids grow up with both parents.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 8:31pm

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    My wife and I have a developed action plan ... I would like to live to see my kids grow up with both parents.
    This is what you are.

Posted On:
    3/19/2010 10:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We keep access to firearms in each room, just in case. And I try to keep one on my person, as a precaution.

Paranoid? Maybe, but I would like to live to see my kids grow up with both parents.
    Do you keep guns in your bathroom?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2010 12:50am

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    Do you keep guns in your bathroom?

I do not at this time(no place to stash one). I am getting ready to move to a new house that has a spot that I will be utilizing for just that purpose. I am considering a S&W M&P for the bathroom.

I do keep my carry gun on me except when I am in the shower. Even while I am on the head.

Pulling mount since '09

Posted On:
    3/20/2010 12:56am

Style: jits da variedade brasile

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do not at this time(no place to stash one). I am getting ready to move to a new house that has a spot that I will be utilizing for just that purpose. I am considering a S&W M&P for the bathroom.

I do keep my carry gun on me except when I am in the shower. Even while I am on the head.
    I'm.... seriously torn between this being an elaborate troll or you being honest.

If you are serious, then why the extreme paranoia? Do you live in a bad area? Do you deal with or have interactions with people with a high propensity for violence?

Don't get me wrong, I own guns and firmly believe in the right to bear arms, and plan on getting a concealed carry permit someday (and using it every once in awhile), but damn man.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    3/20/2010 4:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
    I'm.... seriously torn between this being an elaborate troll or you being honest.

If you are serious, then why the extreme paranoia? Do you live in a bad area? Do you deal with or have interactions with people with a high propensity for violence?

Don't get me wrong, I own guns and firmly believe in the right to bear arms, and plan on getting a concealed carry permit someday (and using it every once in awhile), but damn man.
    Yeah, it sounds a bit much, doesn't it? He kinda makes it sound as though he lives in a place like the apartment block featured in Death Wish 3 - or Rwanda, or something.

But I'm from a different culture - so hey, what would I know? :qright6:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2010 2:46pm

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What you do is take your revolver, put it inside a couple of zip-loc bags, and then stash it in the toilet reservoir tank. Just like Michael Corleone. Those thugs will be surprised when they burst into your throne room.
    Attached Images  

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    3/20/2010 3:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vaquero de las nalgas View Post
    What you do is take your revolver, put it inside a couple of zip-loc bags, and then stash it in the toilet reservoir tank. Just like Michael Corleone. Those thugs will be surprised when they burst into your throne room.
    Yes, I'm sure they'll be terrified by the guy with his trousers round his ankles, toilet paper hanging out of his butt cheeks, fiddling to get a dripping wet zip-loc open.

Terrified I say.