Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,587
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard619 View Post
    Honestly, I wanted to buy myself a wooden dummy at one point.
    I always wanted one of those inflatable dolls.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    463
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    I always wanted one of those inflatable dolls.
    Uh...do you mean the kind you have sex with?

  3. #13
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,432
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifes View Post
    This whole thing reaks of JKD bullshido. I'm willing to bet that's what this guy does.
    Yepp. As soon as they turn the dummy around, it's JKD.

    BTW, there is some sort of resistance training that has proven effective and needs no doll. - It's called sparring and its better because the opponent is, well, alive, and not made of wood.

  4. #14
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    9,070
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You talking of sport and games . _ing _un no game. Kick nuts chain punch throat throat nuts eyeball throat. No plsying game on floor like little boy sleep over white jammy time .

    No twirly kicks like ballerina .

    _ing _un is the snowplow of the martial arts world .



    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    Yepp. As soon as they turn the dummy around, it's JKD.

    BTW, there is some sort of resistance training that has proven effective and needs no doll. - It's called sparring and its better because the opponent is, well, alive, and not made of wood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

  5. #15
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,432
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mwahahahahaha...

    You haz teh right. Only to rape the wooden dummy will teach you not to retreat, and no surrender.

    YouTube- No Retreat No Surrender - Training

  6. #16
    Kickapoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Perrineville, New Jersey
    Posts
    889
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    Mwahahahahaha...

    You haz teh right. Only to rape the wooden dummy will teach you not to retreat, and no surrender.

    YouTube- No Retreat No Surrender - Training
    Best part of that was the station wagon.

  7. #17
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,586
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    A guy in my Kyokushin class (Shodan rank) cross trains in the Chun, and in doing so had a lot of technique that I'm not used too. He doesn't use it for punching, but his defence of his torso / mid section from my kicks and punches are really, REALLY good.

    He doesn't spar in his Chun class, he obviously does in Kyokushin. Just saying there's **** there to use.
    Right because his Kyokushin skills could in no way help his chun right?

    Seriously, I've argued that there are valid things in chun. This type of example isn't one.

  8. #18
    ADM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,730
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IIF: I disagree man. It's obviously helped him in some ways because its unorthodox to fight the way he does.

    Is it largely spurred on by his Kyokushin training? ... umm ... YEAH! That's a no brainer, I'm just saying he's getting some worth out of it. Would I recommend people take up Wing Chun with Kyokushin? No, I could think of better things, such as Judo (we can do take downs, etc in free sparring).

  9. #19
    Larus marinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    3,061
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Hey Larus...I know it is great fun to **** on wing chun but it is a bit strange for you to pick on any martial art when you don't train anything.

    You've been posting on the site for 8 months at a rate of around 5 posts a day and you still haven't found a martial art to train (according to your style field)?

    Seems a bit strange...
    I've got health probs. I'm interested in MAs and I'd like to take up a MA (Judo probably - considering that it's a choice between that, McKrotty and KSW) but I find it difficult to get out and about as much as I like.

    EDIT: I thought about putting 'eye gouge', 'groin shots' or 'nasal claw' in the style field - but screwing around with the style field is kinda frowned upon, isn't it?
    Last edited by Larus marinus; 3/14/2010 4:03am at .

  10. #20
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,432
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    IIF: I disagree man. It's obviously helped him in some ways because its unorthodox to fight the way he does.

    Is it largely spurred on by his Kyokushin training? ... umm ... YEAH! That's a no brainer, I'm just saying he's getting some worth out of it. Would I recommend people take up Wing Chun with Kyokushin? No, I could think of better things, such as Judo (we can do take downs, etc in free sparring).
    I claimed the same for long. I am not a bad fighter, but I was wrong.

    No idea what rank your pal holds both Karate and WC, but I can assure you, that, apart from a few low kicks and grips, the improvement is usually small.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO