Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 10:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wrestling/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On sherdog the guy who went down their said they were from Minnesota. I've emailed the school just waiting for a reply.

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 6:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Response on behalf of Jay Grissom

I hope this post provides an explanation and redirects some of the ill will regarding Jay Grissom. A web company that I hired put the site up. We used pictures with Tap out and UFC logos as a means to capture attention. There was no evil plot behind the pictures or the content that was on the site. In no way did we claim on the website that Jay Grissom has fought for the UFC. Just as many people do, we buy their gear and wear their clothes. The site was simply designed to gather interest from people who wished to see Jay fight and succeed. We included a page about his record with the message that heís fought for 10yrs in various leagues in non-sanctioned fights. Those fights were a mixture of kickboxing, boxing, and mma. We said nothing more than that.

The response from this has been overwhelming and shocking. We received a lot of abusive posts and emails that did not warrant a response. Others were more sincere in nature and I want to apologize for not responding to you as we didnít think that this would get this out of hand. One email and call that I did respond to was Jay at Carolina fight promotions. We are speaking with him right now about a fight in May. Hopefully that could eventually put to rest some concerns about Jay actually being real.

Lastly, Iíd like to say that at the end of the day people would like to uncover a fraud, a poser, etcÖ I understand it, maybe itís fun to write about it but itís simply not the case here. Like most fighters, Jay wants to climb the ladder to bigger and more challenging fights. He would never run or hide and will humbly spar or fight any challengers within this weight class. If youíre local to Charlotte NC, this means you. You can contact me or Jay directly if you like to roll or spar.

Jay and I apologize if you feel our site offended or in some way caused you harm. We only set out with the best of intentions. If still you need to attach criticism and blame, then point it at me because I made the site. Iíve since taken the site down until we can clear the air a bit.

We are in participants and fans of this sport and would like nothing more than to earn the respect of some of our detractors by seeing our next fight.

Sincerely,

Randy J.
    Manager
    mmafan360@gmail.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 6:41pm

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What about the part he claimed to be a BJJ black belt.......was that a mistake as well.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 7:20pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the UG forum:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....609560&page=16

Quote Originally Posted by relsonblackbelt
    I was just contacted by his manager.He wants to fight in our show, his manager says his black belt is under Todd Schalle from Boston Mass. He says he fought in BoDog.He says all of his fights were non sanctioned. I got his number from his manager and I am going to call him and offer him a fight.His manager says he has fought for Lane Colluer as well.I will post more when I find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by relsonblackbelt
    I just got off the phone with Jay. He says none of his fights were sanctioned, he says he fought for a promoter I know. He is NOT a BJJ black belt. He says there was a misunderstanding, the website was put up before he read it, and that he is willing to go wherever and fight or roll with whoever it takes to fix this. He is 29, and I offered him a fight in our organization in the spring. He may have to fight am in order to meet the criteria for NC if we cannot verify his record. He says most of those were smokers, boxing matches, etc. He is now a member of this forum and is coming on here tonite to set the record straight.

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 7:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? He just accidentally claimed a BJJ black belt?

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 8:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, I canít believe how this all has gone down. There has been a lot of assumptions made based upon lack of information. Some of the stuff you guys have said is just down right mean. I donít know if it will do any good at this point, but here is my side:
    I never claimed to be everything you guys are saying and making up. Iím just a fighter who wants to make it like all the rest. I have had some mma fights and boxing bouts and jujitsu tournaments spanning over 10 years. I was doing smokers and fightingbefore it was cool to be in mma. There is a lot of comments as to the creditability of my black belt. Itís true that my belt did not come from a Gracie or Brazilian instructor, but I did spend 9 yrs of hard work on the mat earning my black belt from an instructor. His name is Todd Schalles out of Manchester New Hampshire. Thatís all I can say.
    As far as the rock mma gym goesÖwow. The funny thing is I was training there on Monday and when I approached Matt to confirm or deny making those statements, he denied trashing me to the guy who stopped in there.
    It really comes down to this. I had very little to do with the site and I apologize for any misrepresentations. I regret that this thing went down like it did. Iím a aspiring fighter and always looking to train, spar, roll, etc.. For those that still believe Iím a fraud please come test me, and bring your video camera. I never said that Iím the best fighter or the best jujitsu guy. Iím simply a nice guy who wants to train hard and make a career in mma.
    Iím sorry for the confusion and I wish you all the best.
    Jay Grissom

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 9:28pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is a hard post to read. Please use the default font and text when possible.

Could you tell us in what martial art your instructor, Mr. Schalles, awarded you your black belt? Was it BJJ, or another art?

If it wasn't BJJ, do you have any idea how people at Rock MMA got the idea that you were a BJJ black belt?

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 9:55pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Jeremy,

A cursory look on google for Todd Schalles wielded results pertaining to your claim on several forums and in a negative light, but there was no other websites mentioning the man you claim awarded you a black belt. You say your instructor wasn't a Gracie, nor was he Brazilian; there are numerous non Gracie, non Brazilian BJJ Black Belts. My old instructor and his instructor are two off the top of my head with an authentic training lineage. Can you provide some more information about your instructor, Todd Schalles? Maybe a link to his school, or, if possible, Todd's instructors name?

Regards,

Battlefields

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 10:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaygrissom View Post
    Wow, I canít believe how this all has gone down.
    You can't? I can.

Quote Originally Posted by jaygrissom View Post
    There has been a lot of assumptions made based upon lack of information.
    Or based upon information like this:

http://www.naming-schemes.org/~chard...out/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Grissom's personal website
    Quick Facts
    • 28 years old
    • Fighting out of The Rock MMA, Charlotte, North Carolina
    • 6í0 185ó195lbs
    • Reach 74 inches
    • Black Belt BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai,
    • Fights Middle Weight or Welterweight
    • U.S. Citizen
    Ya think?

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    3/18/2010 9:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jeremy,

Your site, linked above, says you have "6 wins by tap out". This, to me, implies at least 6 MMA fights, as why would anyone respect a tap in a street fight. Why is your record then listed as 0-1-0? Please explain, thank you. Also, I would like to know who Todd Schalle's instructor is. My instructor is Tim Burrill, and he received his Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Carlos Machado. It was one of the first questions I asked him to verify that my training was going to be under legitimate BJJ.

Thank you for coming to the forum,

Gabe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast