Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 10:14pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I was accused of being "that guy" today, but...

It doesn't make any sense. Someone said after class that my gi was stinky. "Really stinky" were the words.

Which is downright on the limits of absurdity. It came as quite a shock for me.

My mom is a clean freak, and she's the one who (still) does my washing. My gi is washed after practice every single time, and then left to hang in an aerated space. Not to mention I even rotate between gi.

I had my mom smell my gi jacket, and she said it doesn't smell a thing. I even smelled my pants myself down to the crotch. Nope, not a thing.

As for personal hygiene? I retained a little of my mom's OCD and take a shower twice a day, every day. I put antiperspirant before every practice. I even put extra scrub down there so nobody caught in a triangle can complain.

I can understand that some people have body odors that are naturally unpleasant, but to my knowledge I never was one of them. Nobody in the house smokes or does anything with a bad smell. I am throughsly confused.

Halp?

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 10:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Jubo NOOB, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After training?
    You were sweaty, maybe you did reek.

Or maybe dudes an ass.

Move on...

Chaos
    ? Panic?... Disorder??

.........................My Work is done here... ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 10:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by syberia View Post
    After training?
    You were sweaty, maybe you did reek.

Or maybe dudes an ass.

Move on...
    Yeah after training. I never thought I was a heavy smeller while sweating though. I always thought I didn't smell much of anything, although your perception of that **** is easily warped.

In one year that's the first time I've had it said to me, in my life even. I have regular training partners with whom I'm on friendly terms and they never said a thing. I'm gonna ask them just for kicks.

I don't really want to move on because I don't want the "that guy" reputation when it is entirely undeserved.

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 10:37pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe he meant slow down on the fragrances, deodorant, etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 10:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I only put deodorant. And that alone probably isn't worthy of the "really" before "stinky".

Seriously, I'm at a loss here.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 10:41pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoolol View Post
    I only put deodorant. And that alone probably isn't worthy of the "really" before "stinky".

Seriously, I'm at a loss here.
    Yes, most people don't think they stink when they do.

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 10:48pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Maybe he's a foreigner and he really wants to **** you, ask him if he's lebell.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 11:06pm

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, I clean my gi every day too (I use softeners and stuff to make it smell nice too, yaaaay) however sometimes if you just roll for 5 minutes with someone that stinks and then move on to another one, that guys scent still stays on your gi.

I know it sounds weird but I m so sensitive about scents, i never forget how other people smell so after rolling is finished I can tell who was the one who gave me the stink.....(Dude....I have problems havent I....I hope I dont end up smelling the females butt before mating.)

Whatever...that might be it...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 11:14pm

Style: Ex-TKD, Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometimes the things you eat can make you smell real bad. I love beefy onion soup, but if I even think about perspiring after eating it the entire room will smell of onions.

If I have a burrito from Chipotle for lunch, the next day my armpits smell like tacos.

Some people just don't break down the smells when they digest things and they excrete it through their sweat/urine. I also have a condition which may be related called beet-uria, where eating strongly colored vegetables like beets will turn my urine colors. It was horrifying at first, but now that I know I'm not dying of kidney failure it's actually quite a nice change-up at times from the tried-and-true pale-yellow.

I can also write my name in the snow using lots of fun colors.

Anyway, if you eat really flavorful foods that people aren't used to, it doesn't matter how much you wash; you'll smell like it after rolling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 11:29pm

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ttankzero View Post
    Sometimes the things you eat can make you smell real bad. I love beefy onion soup, but if I even think about perspiring after eating it the entire room will smell of onions.

If I have a burrito from Chipotle for lunch, the next day my armpits smell like tacos.

Some people just don't break down the smells when they digest things and they excrete it through their sweat/urine. I also have a condition which may be related called beet-uria, where eating strongly colored vegetables like beets will turn my urine colors. It was horrifying at first, but now that I know I'm not dying of kidney failure it's actually quite a nice change-up at times from the tried-and-true pale-yellow.

I can also write my name in the snow using lots of fun colors.

Anyway, if you eat really flavorful foods that people aren't used to, it doesn't matter how much you wash; you'll smell like it after rolling.
    yeah we have this preserved meat called pastirma in Turkey, man there is no delicious thing like that, but you have to accept the fact that you will smell like it for the whole day afterwards. Your pee, your armpit all smell like it.

But dude...its perfect.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast