Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/12/2010 1:01am

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been around these parts long enough to recognize the bully charm in action, but you guys are being cockbags in assuming Ka-Bar is being a wimp for worrying if he can benefit from this new teacher.

It may be the case that he's got to adjust to the different style of things, but it's also possible that no matter how good everyone else is, this teacher isn't for him. Learning styles and interaction with your teacher can be damn important.

Anecdotally, years ago I wanted to take guitar lessons, and my good buddy at the time was really damn good, so I signed up with his teacher. I learned some basics so-so, but ultimately could not deal with his style of teaching. I needed something different, and my next teacher made me far better, and understood how I learned.

Let's review that, shall we? A person who produced very good results with one person could not replicate those same results. Oh ****, you mean people are different?

I am admittedly playing devil's advocate a little here, but the point still stands.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    3/12/2010 4:39am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well i wouldnt worry about a trainer repeating himself.
    just go to a higher level match, you still hear the cornermen scream: hands up, cover!!! where's your cover!

unless op is so awesome he only needs to hear things once and can immediately flawlessly incorporate it.
    if the studentlevel is good, that means you get your moneys worth of sparring.
    just try it out for a couple of months.
    dnt worry bout contracts, the dude obviously suffersfrom braindamage, just keep a clear face and say: yeah but i already signed the contract last week and paid up front? don't you remember?!

lolol!
    win-win!

Posted On:
    3/12/2010 5:14am

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Jazz View Post
    A person who produced very good results with one person could not replicate those same results. Oh ****, you mean people are different?

I am admittedly playing devil's advocate a little here, but the point still stands.
    Your point does, what we don't know though, is whether or not Ka-Bar is the student does well, or not so well, with this teacher.

Ka-bar was expressing concern over studying under him simply because of his punchyness, that shouldn't be a concern, getting results or not should be, and that's still an unknown.

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    3/12/2010 7:11pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoj View Post
    Your point does, what we don't know though, is whether or not Ka-Bar is the student does well, or not so well, with this teacher.

Ka-bar was expressing concern over studying under him simply because of his punchyness, that shouldn't be a concern, getting results or not should be, and that's still an unknown.
    Basically Ka-Bar is not yet ready to judge the teachers teaching style and at this time will have to base the outcomes on his students performance.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    3/12/2010 8:58pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Jazz View Post
    Let's review that, shall we? A person who produced very good results with one person could not replicate those same results. ...

The point doesn't stand because this instructor has already replicated the results. He's got a whole school-full of replication.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123