Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2010 2:38pm

Style: no-gi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

University of Utah MMA/Grappling Club

Here's a little something for any Bullshido members who might be University of Utah students:

University of Utah students interested in training in MMA or no-gi grappling are cordially invited to join us in the U of U Students Association of Mixed Martial Arts (SAMMA).

To find out more about SAMMA, the officers of the club can be contacted at utah.samma@gmail.com.

WHAT IS SAMMA?
    The Students Association of Mixed Martial Arts provides free mixed martial arts training to all U of U students. Our primary focus lies in no-gi grappling competition, but we are willing to accept and accomodate those interested in any combat sport. SAMMA training sessions are conducted in a peer-teaching open-mat format. There is no coach and the environment is very relaxed and informal.

SAMMA'S COMPETITION HISTORY
    The members of SAMMA pride ourselves on our competition history and have won Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals in the Advanced No-Gi Division in the Grapplers Quest Vegas tournaments (including submission victories over BJJ Black and Brown Belts). A SAMMA member currently in residence at the famed Cobra Kai gym in Las Vegas has also recently claimed Silver and Gold medals, respectively, in No-Gi and Gi divisions at NAGA Vegas.

Within the borders of its home state, SAMMA members have placed in local Utah tournaments and have won mixed martial arts fights in local MMA promotions. However, any student is welcome and we have many members who do not intend to ever compete in any aspect of combat sports.

WHEN/WHERE
    We generally train three days per week in the Student Union Building. Please e-mail us at the address above for our schedule.

Posted On:
    11/02/2012 12:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shaolin-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What if I'm not a student but I live in the area and am just looking for someone to spar with?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 3:19am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well i'm in logan (and flying back to HI Monday, here for a funeral) and I want to hit you hard for necro'ing a thread from 2 1/2 years ago, but I'll use my high level skills and point you to this: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=#post2729614
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez