Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    3/10/2010 11:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also know Dave, and honestly this doesn't surprise me. I first met Dave when he came in and sat in on a class at my karate school. I honestly thought he was a homeless meth addict. I was about to ask him to leave when he asked me about the brand of mats I was using.

I have friends that train at Marinoble's and some of the stories they tell scare me. I've said it before, Dave is a very passionate guy but I don't know how good of a coach/instructor he really is. His school seems to suffer from an identity crisis, it is too hardcore for the average hobbiest, but doesn't offer a proper training environment for serious fighters.

I honestly don't know what I would have done if I caught one of my staff stealing $4,000 from em, but I not surprised that Dave would be involved in something like this and I am thankful no one got seriously hurt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 4:32pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, nice insight guys. I didn't know anyone here was in/from NorCal. I appreaciate the back story about Dave and his training. On his website they have a picture that looks 5ish years old that has him with Rampage, Uriah and some other guys. I guess those were the glory days for his gym and perhaps he is kinda losing it?

Punisher, care to share any stories that you have heard from your friends that 'sacre you'? That's too interesting of a tease for me not to ask! :)

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    3/12/2010 12:15am

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't hold any ill will toward Dave and before this incident, I'd recommend his school for kids who want to take martial arts, but it is probably the last place I'd send someone who wanted to be a fighter.

Most of things that concern me come from one friend who is one of Marinoble's top students. He's always hurt from the training, to the exent that he rarely actually gets to fight. Even when he does things just seem wrong, like the time he and Dave drove 4 hours the day of the fight, because he didn't want to get there the night before for some reason.

Probably the weridest story he told me once about the "Bear Pit" where the Marinoble guys supposely go fight each other in a big pit, a la Heartbreak Ridge starring Clint Eastwood. At first I didn't believe it, but the more I learn about Dave the more likely I am to believe anything.

Posted On:
    3/12/2010 12:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ttankzero View Post
    Why would you ever physically apprehend someone when you can just call the cops and present the evidence to let them take care of it. I mean, if the accused was a student of his, he should have a home address and full name, which is really all you need.

Talk about a lapse of judgement...
    yep, always trust the cops...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74afak2-G-w
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2010 3:02am

Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FACEPALM

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2010 12:02pm

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherserge View Post
    yep, always trust the cops...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74afak2-G-w
    The cop's running commentary is my favorite part of that video. Hilarious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2010 2:38pm

Style: Grappling & Lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard a lot of mixed things about Marinoble. When I did meet him he seemed like a nice enough guy but a few guys I know that go/went there have had some trouble with him and his methods.

At any rate, I wish him luck. I recently sued my ex-roommate for not paying his rent and bolting and frankly, I would trade all the money to be allowed to break the guy in half - even after winning I still don't have my money - and we're talking like $800. Not $4K. I'd be super pissed too and be very tempted to dive into the irrational.

Like I said, best of luck Dave.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2010 11:41pm

Style: TKD/karate/jkd noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's so true I myself am a nice guy and easy going and some kid shot my window out of my car with a bb gun called the police and all that the cops took my statement and filed the report with the kids confession this was four years ago the only revenge I got was working as manager at Pizza Hut when they called for pizza and I delivered it. delivered the pizza called the resteraunt and clocked out and asked where the **** was my money as you can see very little satisfaction I would have rather hit the kid's father in the kneecaps with a slug from my 44 and say it's all good. So I can't judge the dude too harshly I understand how he feels just sad he didn't stay calm and remember the rules of society now a days.

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    3/14/2010 12:40am

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake LaMancha View Post
    That's so true I myself am a nice guy and easy going and some kid shot my window out of my car with a bb gun called the police and all that the cops took my statement and filed the report with the kids confession this was four years ago the only revenge I got was working as manager at Pizza Hut when they called for pizza and I delivered it. delivered the pizza called the resteraunt and clocked out and asked where the **** was my money as you can see very little satisfaction I would have rather hit the kid's father in the kneecaps with a slug from my 44 and say it's all good. So I can't judge the dude too harshly I understand how he feels just sad he didn't stay calm and remember the rules of society now a days.
    You should remember the rules of punctuation.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2010 4:53am

Style: TKD/karate/jkd noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    touche', I was watching "All Saint's Day" while typing
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12