Nice to have you back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 9:41pm

Style: Justice/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chainpunch View Post
    Just so you know I dont side with Republicans nor Democrats I think they each suck in their own way.
    Nor do I but when Glen Beck is the most visible "Libertarian" they don't seem like a viable 3rd party. But I would have voted for Doug Stanhope. I simply took a "liberal" side because you seemed to be coming from a "conservative" point of view.

Of course companies want you to buy their products I was again simply pointing out instances where they exert influence to further their own ends and the expense of the people they want to sell goods to. But you also get entities like Fox news etc that seem to intertwine their financial and political interests. But you could say that about MSN and liberals. I too am a cash only guy who doesn't believe in financing but because that is a viable option for you and I does not mean it is viable for everyone. Credit and financing are not bad things in and of themselves for people who can use them responsibly. But both the borrower and the lender have to be honest or the system gets out of balance as it is now.

Two in the chest one in the head… yeah if I really need to but I am prepared to mame or seriously injure a perp too.
    It is when you decide to mame or seriously injure a "perp" that you will be in the most trouble legally speaking. You put one in their leg they can sue you and possibly charge you with assault. Oddly enough when you violate someone else's civil rights in america yours still apply. Two reasons you don't draw unless you are willing to kill A) Best way to make sure attacker is stopped, and B) Best way to make sure attacker doesn't press charges.

You seem like a smart guy quit smoking pot and you won’t be so paranoid.
    It isn't paranoia if they are actually trying to get me. Besides before I smoked pot I never read news or was interested in anything beyond my own world. I had to get stoned to get perspective and get out of debt.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 10:47pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    By that token, if the U.S. military is so strong, then any armed revolt in the U.S. is doomed to quick annihilation, so civilian gun ownership is irrelevant.

The French could get away with revolt not because their army is weak, but because they're are made up of civilian volunteers. Any truly popular uprising would have the backing of at least some portion of the military. At the least they would stand aside to allow a peaceful transition of power.

I fully support your right to bear arms, but you're delusional if you think any militia could stand up to a modern military for long. I think you're further delusional if you believe even a fraction of those people exercising that right would even contemplate it.
    Yeah, no ragtag band of militia could possibly hold off a modern military for 10 years with man-portable weapons.

The Lion of Panjir laughs at your flaccid penis.

There's a LOT of "coloring" going on in this thread. Everyone is assuming everyone is in one of two camps. Can it be knocked off?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 10:47pm

Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here i can explain it very very easily. Look at any third world country. Now who makes the rules? The people with the Guns and willingness to use force make the rules. The only rights any one has are those that are granted by those who are willing to use force.The best argument about rights was written by Robert A. Heinlein in the book titled star ship troopers.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    3/12/2010 5:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    This is a bullshit cop out. Saying that these rights come from nature can be easily done, even in that era of English, without invoking the name of God (note the capitalization) or stating that existence began due to the actions of a Creator (again, note the capitalization) who had any sort of cognizance.

Read this and learn, those of you who don't get it yet:

We don't need no steenking 2nd Amendment by John Silveira
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    3/12/2010 5:30am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    Yeah, no ragtag band of militia could possibly hold off a modern military for 10 years with man-portable weapons.

The Lion of Panjir laughs at your flaccid penis.

There's a LOT of "coloring" going on in this thread. Everyone is assuming everyone is in one of two camps. Can it be knocked off?
    I love those hats! I'm gonna buy one, even tho I'm a total white boy...
    http://www.villagehatshop.com/afghan_pakol.html
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    3/12/2010 5:53am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW: I'm am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that the founding fathers would be for citizens to be able to keep and bear any hand-held weapon (or "arm") that any soldier/invader/criminal would threaten them with. That's the whole idea, that the militia (i.e. able bodied citizens) so armed wouldn't be threatened by their own governments, invading armies, or criminals.
    All you have to do is read the writings of the Founding Fathers on the subject to know what they intended.
    It's not rocket surgery, it's actually pretty cut&dried...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2010 8:49am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    Read this and learn, those of you who don't get it yet:

We don't need no steenking 2nd Amendment by John Silveira
    +rep, good find. This article brings clarity to the subject of "rights". The founders believed rights are natural not legislated.
    Its written so that most people can understand why these rights are natural and that government is not the giver of “rights”.

Posted On:
    3/12/2010 9:03am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Your country has, in the past, considered banning large kitchen knives. While I do generally consider one issue voters to be idiots (abortion, gun control, etc), I do not like having things that are constitutionally guaranteed to me taken away.
    Actually that never happened, it was a small group of Doctors who called for the ban after a rise in knife crime and they were ignored, thankfully. It was such a stupid idea but knife crime was 'in' at the time and no one had been stabbed for a week so the media ran with it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/12/2010 9:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Not Currently Training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    You're missing my point. I'm saying that weapons of mass distruction aren't "arms".

I am opposed to private ownership of WMD, as I believe the founders would have been. I would classify very high capacity semi and full auto firearms as WMD, but not (for example) low capacity full auto weapons. FTR I am against private ownership of personal transport automobiles which are pointed at me every day and kill more Americans each year than firearms ever will.

I get your point and simply disagree. You feel that the founders would oppose the ownership of certain modern-day weapons based on their ability to cause widespread destruction. I feel just as strongly that the founders would not oppose the ownership of any weapon a man can afford and find someone willing to sell, but would simply punish those who use the weapon inappropriately. Furthermore, I believe that the fact that every single one of the most deadly weapons of their time was allowed to be owned by private citizens. The founders were big believers in punishing acts not limiting ownership.

Now personally I'm not opposed to certain regulations, however those regulations need to be arrived at with common sense by people educated on the weapons being discussed. People make a big deal about full-auto weapons, when an untrained user will most often waste the majority of his ammunition and a trained user can do as much or more damage with a semi-auto weapon. Therefore, there really is no logical reason to ban the ownership of a full-auto weapon. The same with high-capacity magazines. Someone willing to practice can learn to change a magazine in under a second. If a person plans on going out and killing people he has plenty of time to practice and prepare. A homeowner attacked in the middle of the night does not.
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast