Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/08/2010 9:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i noticed on the matthew morton article it mentions in the summary that he admitted his fraud and apologised. who did he admit this to and what were the circumstances?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/08/2010 10:10am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by express664 View Post
    i noticed on the matthew morton article it mentions in the summary that he admitted his fraud and apologised. who did he admit this to and what were the circumstances?
    This isn't a good enough reason to bump this thread.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/08/2010 10:12am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    4/06/2010 2:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so what happened? i also noticed on the thread on judoforum that coach josh said that he admitted and apoligised for his fraud. i wanna know how it came about.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    4/06/2010 3:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After he was formally stripped by the USJA he personally contacted Neil Ohlenkamp and apologized to him. It's not in the thread.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    4/06/2010 3:17pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks war wheel. why wasn't it in the thread?

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    4/06/2010 3:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by express664 View Post
    thanks war wheel. why wasn't it in the thread?
    Because that conversation took place off the site. Probably on the telephone.

Neil probably did mention it on the thread after the fact, but I can not remember his username at the moment to check that.

Please hold.

Edit: Here's the post from the main thread
    Quote Originally Posted by JudoSensei View Post
    I can now announce that the USJA Ethics Committee has completed their investigation of this case. I filed a formal ethics complaint with USJA in order to initiate an investigation of the rank and membership status of Mr. Mathew Morton who had been accused of using a modified copy of my Kodokan Certificate and other false documents to obtain a USJA rank and to teach judo.

I want to thank the USJA Ethics Committee for the thoroughness of their investigation and their fair evaluation of the evidence. I also want to thank the members of Bullshido who preserved and analyzed the evidence, and shared the results here and on my site at http://judoforum.com.

USJA did a professional investigation and took appropriate action. Mr. Morton has apologized to me, and I accept his apology. My offer to test him, or prepare him for a future rank test, remains. I would be happy to help him overcome this and return to judo when his suspension ends.

The USJA Ethics Committee essentially found that all of Mr. Morton's judo rank and coaching certification diplomas were fraudulent, as well as his USJA annual membership card from 1996-1997.

The following Ethics Committee recommendations have now been approved by the USJA Board of Directors:

1 - Mr. Morton should be suspended from the USJA for two years. He can apply for reinstatement provided he has shown compliance with the recommendations numbered 2 and 3.

2 - Mr. Morton should hold no official USJA judo rank until so authorized by examination and verification of his judo knowledge. Accommodations should be made should Mr. Morton supply adequate proof of physical disability.

3 - A permanent "flag" be placed on his USJA record to indicate his judo rank should not be validated without being examined by an examiner selected by the Rank Examiners Committee Chair.

4 - To protect other members, notice of Mr. Morton's suspension should be posted on the USJA website, and the USJF and USA Judo should also be notified as to our action.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 4/06/2010 3:25pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!