POWERRR!

Posted On:
    3/08/2010 9:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ah, the real deadly
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Posted On:
    3/08/2010 11:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The video itself was put together fine, I do think that would be a low percentage technique though. A nice throw in that situation would be great, you have the added height because the guy is standing above you on the stairs and he's going to land on a concrete stairwell. It's pure win.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    3/08/2010 2:39pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    seio-to-wall?
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2010 3:00pm

Style: Lifting heavy stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Pope View Post
    I would of headbutted you in the face.

i was thinking exactly the same thing. this makes me want to post a video of an idea i had for street judo.... id go for an osoto gari using the guys throat as a gripping point instead of the lapel. that would over come the whole judo doesnt work without a gi thing

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    3/08/2010 5:51pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Pope View Post
    I would of headbutted you in the face.
    ..and after you turned your own face into a bloody mess you would have realised that headbutting someone lower than you is a ridiculously bad idea.
    Spoiler:

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    3/08/2010 6:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just from a production standpoint, doing the explanation in a studio or dojo setting would probably be preferable, since the stairwell has really bad acoustics. either do the teaching part in a more controlled environment, or get a boom mic to pick up better audio on-site.

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    3/08/2010 11:05pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like how you put him on the stairs, where the Aids Needles and the Lava can finish him, but next time throw him off the platform so he gets impaled on one of the spikes, or knock him out three times, then, Fatality!

Posted On:
    3/09/2010 12:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    So the wrist is going to bend just like that? The attacker isn't shoving him full force to the wall? Or beating him senseless to steal his stuff? If the guy is so weak or high that he can be supplanted so easily, whats the point of doing anything but throwing him down? This is supposed to be a street demo?
    Wow... a coherent post.

I'm fucking amazed. Aside from that, I will keep this in mind and a throw def should be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifes View Post
    If its something street your trying to do I would suggest mixing in different variables to the situation. Same scenario, friend to his side. Practice using the wrist locked victim as a barrier between you two, I think that would be interesting to see. Nice work on the vid btw.
    Different situations. Got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    just from a production standpoint, doing the explanation in a studio or dojo setting would probably be preferable, since the stairwell has really bad acoustics. either do the teaching part in a more controlled environment, or get a boom mic to pick up better audio on-site.
    I'll add subs. The audio did kinda suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    The video itself was put together fine, I do think that would be a low percentage technique though. A nice throw in that situation would be great, you have the added height because the guy is standing above you on the stairs and he's going to land on a concrete stairwell. It's pure win.
    We don't want to advocate crippling/killing someone. Do I think our judicial system gets retarded when some prick who tried to hurt/kill you gets what they deserve? Yeah. Do I have the ability to magically change these laws? Nope.

Instead of a throw I was thinking of an arm drag or something. Maybe a throw on the ground or a pin against the wall. On a totally flat setting (like outside or in the hallway) a throw or pin will definitely be added in.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, you're really helping out. Expect more vids to come soon.

Posted On:
    3/09/2010 3:45am

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    I disagree, the strength in the wrist isn't multi-directional.

In judo you can get your wrist bent if somebody does a good kuzushi and pulls you forward fast enough, and the guy demoing put his body into the othe guy's wrist. What is stronger, a wrist or someone's whole body?

That being said I'd like to see something from the point where the victim is against the wall, people tend to get pushed up against walls in enclosed spaces.
    Respectfully, whether or not it is wrist vs whole body is not relevant to what I'm saying. I'm saying that statically this seems logical and functional. However, before I think it's a good thing, I'd like to see it performed in a live environment. Preferably in standing grappling, since that is what is being claimed.

I just think foot sweeps and takedowns are a more reliable tool to use than wristlocks (whilst standing). But then wristlocks aren't allowed in judo. But then again, I've curb-stomped an aikidoka who believed in them.

Don't mean to knock what you guys are doing Squerllli. But I got to ask, has this sort of thing been practised in a live environment? standing grappling etcetera?

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    3/09/2010 4:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli View Post
    Speaking of BJJ instructional what do you guys think of this?

I filmed this with one of Bullshido's new member's Rome Za and his friend Alex 155.

YouTube- NYC Street BJJ

What would you guys say this video is lacking? What could we add to make it better?
    how about you dont make videos bout the real streetfights when you obviously havent been in one.
    may i suggest the folowing : when the fantasy homeless rapist gras u like that, right arm slides over his arm in his elbowpit or however you call that in english, you yank his arm inward, making his face drop forward where his upperteeth meet your forehead.
    top it off by grabbing his ear and yank it towards either the wall or downwards where you proceed to beat the living crap out of his face.

your welcome.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast