Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/09/2010 9:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nick, for the guys in Britain you have to convert the price from US$ to pints.

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    3/10/2010 12:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    About when will the new shorts be coming out? I was planning on buying the current ones, but I would like to wait and see what the difference is between the new and the old kinds, so as to get the kind I would be better off with.

(I'm a sub-grappler who would like some shorts that are not absolute dogshit (yet were totally free) to compete in)

Basically a company used to sponsor my gym, and they sucked, I got a pair for $10 bucks, then got given 3 more, 2 black and 1 camo...

They also made some heavy, non-preshrunk crappy gi-s. I hate them...

So off rant, I started by getting a nice vulcan Gi that I have loved, and am looking for some Nice nice shorts.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/10/2010 12:24pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Rupture Clothing: American Made MMA Gear and Apparel Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sley,

The Performance Series shorts will not be grappling specific, rather a great multipurpose short. We will not discontinue our grappling shorts line.

The reason behind the Performance Series shorts is demand. A lot of people in other sports have been asking for a great pair of shorts that are not specific to grappling and MMA. If you need a good pair of grappling shorts, I suggest you pick up a pair (especially since they happen to be on sale).

Cheers,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Sley View Post
    About when will the new shorts be coming out? I was planning on buying the current ones, but I would like to wait and see what the difference is between the new and the old kinds, so as to get the kind I would be better off with.

(I'm a sub-grappler who would like some shorts that are not absolute dogshit (yet were totally free) to compete in)

Basically a company used to sponsor my gym, and they sucked, I got a pair for $10 bucks, then got given 3 more, 2 black and 1 camo...

They also made some heavy, non-preshrunk crappy gi-s. I hate them...

So off rant, I started by getting a nice vulcan Gi that I have loved, and am looking for some Nice nice shorts.

Posted On:
    3/14/2010 9:00pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you able to say how the Performance shorts will be different from the current line? I've using my Signature shorts for muay thai for months now, and I'm curious to know what you might change to make them better suited as to being multipurpose, since these things have pretty much done the job perfectly as my main standup wear.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 2:43am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Rupture Clothing: American Made MMA Gear and Apparel Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Neo Sigma,

The Signature line of shorts will encounter some slight improvements over the next few months, but will mostly stay as is. The Signature fight shorts are very well constructed and suit their purpose well, so there's no sense in tampering with something good.

We felt that by adding an all purpose short to our line, we would expand our short sales beyond grappling and Mixed Martial Arts. Our rash guards sell to people in many other sports (surf, for instance), but our main consumers of shorts are fighters and grapplers.

We put a lot of effort and resources into R & D for our new line of shorts and determined that the Performance Series shorts would sacrifice a few of the grappling specific aspects (triple-layered velcro enclosure, side slits, for instance) in favor of other enhancements that would make it suitable for multi-purpose use. Our goal was not to re-create the fight shorts. Those are very sport specific and need to stay so. Our goal was to create a pair of shorts that an athlete could wear at the gym to run, lift weights, play different sports (football, rock climb, you name it), wear casually, AND also be suitable for grappling and MMA. Rest assured that the comfort, durability and range of motion have been retained in the new Performance Series shorts.

To summarize: for the serious fighter, the Signature series are it. For someone who just wants a great pair of athletic shorts that are not made of flimsy polyester and do a great job standing up to wear and tear, the Performance series shorts will do the job. I imagine most of our customers will buy both.

I hope this answers your question. We're releasing the new shorts in a few weeks, so I'm being deliberately guarded about the details. When they are released, Phrost has asked me to post details here first, so I will do so.

Cheers,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    Are you able to say how the Performance shorts will be different from the current line? I've using my Signature shorts for muay thai for months now, and I'm curious to know what you might change to make them better suited as to being multipurpose, since these things have pretty much done the job perfectly as my main standup wear.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 11:12am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just ordered a pair of shorts and a rashguard. I'm looking forward to getting them.

I hope a medium rashguard fits a guy who weighs 180 lbs and is 5'10".

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 11:47am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Just ordered a pair of shorts and a rashguard. I'm looking forward to getting them.

I hope a medium rashguard fits a guy who weighs 180 lbs and is 5'10".
    I'm roughly those dimensions (albeit a bit more "weasely") and a medium fits me fine.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 12:22pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Will the bullshido themed rupture gear ever be making a comeback?

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 6:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We should have some sort of Rupture thread stickyed somewhere.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2010 1:53pm

Style: Over substance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Will the bullshido themed rupture gear ever be making a comeback?
    +1. I would get moar! Pretty please?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast