Good Fedor-Lesnar argument

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 7:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brock is a monster, and that is an advantage.

However, I do wonder if his chin has been tested? MMA is an interesting sport because of that question....
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 7:39pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So...it only took 9 seconds for the first video to get its "facts" wrong.

So I take it Wanderlei is a **** fighter too, or Mark Kerr, or Sakuraba...I will let you go google those last two names...get back to me after you do that

Funny that you bring up Fedors record and have ZERO mention of Brocks...an old man an no name and 50/50 with a fringe top 10 (and I think I am being nice here) heavy weight
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 8:10pm

Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    imo lesnar is a very bad stylistic matchup for fedor. with that said mtripp is right, it only takes one of fedor's bombs to end anyone's night.

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 8:12pm

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am very interested in what will happen when Lesnar meets Carwin who has heavy hands and wrestling ability enough to frustrate Lesnar and his power double attempts. Crwin is also large enough to resist Lesnar's bullying. Even Couture was able to pin him against the fence despite being forty pounds lighter. Brock hasn't really met any power punchers. When he got rocked by Mir, he grabbed the legs and hung out for a bit, resting and recovering. Please understand that I am not dismissing him. I think Lesnar has everything you could ask for. He's huge, strong, agile and according to his trainers he is teachable, which means more than the others combined.

Fedor on the other hand, has fought quite a few top 10 fighters in arguably what was their prime. The Cro-Cop he beat is not the Mirko of today, the same with Noguiera. H has incredibly damaging hands. Ask Tim Sylvia how hard he hits. Also don't forget his takedown defense can be pretty strong and his submission and takedown games are top notch.

All in all, I think it would be a great NYE freak show bout.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 8:27pm

Style: W.H.S.F.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually like lesnar I wish he would learn some submisions cause who could stop a kimora from him?At the same time though I dont think he will be back to a hundred percent from being in the hospital so long maybe ever.And lastly I ALWAYS root for fedor we have the same body lol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 8:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
    So...it only took 9 seconds for the first video to get its "facts" wrong.

So I take it Wanderlei is a **** fighter too, or Mark Kerr, or Sakuraba...I will let you go google those last two names...get back to me after you do that

Funny that you bring up Fedors record and have ZERO mention of Brocks...an old man an no name and 50/50 with a fringe top 10 (and I think I am being nice here) heavy weight
    Fedor never fought Mark Kerr, Sakuraba, or Wanderlei. Or are you talking about something else I'm confused.

The only way to judge Fedor relative to UFC fighters is to see how his opponents performed against UFC fighters. Honestly none of Fedor's opponents who have made it to the UFC have performed spectacularly. Nog has done ok, but he's not a serious contender anymore. I'm ashamed to admit it because I love Fedor so much, but come on guys, he'd lose.

Also I encourage you to watch the Fedor vs Ricardo Arona fight where fedor "won" but positionally dominated for the majority of the fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 8:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also on a side note, I don't think we should use Tim Sylvia as a measure for Fedor given that he lost to Ray Mercer right after he lost to Fedor. (Ray Mercer, the guy who lost to Kimbo haha, though of course transitivity doesn't apply to fighting, but still).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 8:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Fedor answered a lot of the "how would he do in the UFC?" questions when he knocked out Tim Sylvia in under a minute. Everybody might have hated Sylvia's boring ass, but he dominated the UFC heavyweights for quite a while.

I'm a quiet Brock Lesnar supporter though. It's just cool to find out what can happen when you combine the peak of athletic performance with top notch training. That's why I really hope he can bounce back to where he was before his illness.

edit: A little late for the post above mine, but I give a lot of credit to Fedor for knocking out Tim. The difference between the Fedor fight and the Mercer fight was motivation. Sylvia's career was already over before the Mercer fight started. If he'd have beaten Fedor he'd have gone down as one of the best ever.
    Last edited by Barrett; 3/06/2010 8:41pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 8:35pm

Style: IRT/FMA/BJJ/BUDO TAIJUTSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would be a great fight! To bad we will probably never see it.

Now in dissecting the fight I would have to give that incredible striking edge to Fedor. Still Brock has the ability to simply gain an advantage on the ground and pound it out. So close to call. Remember Fedor's last fight? It was great with some drama as he looked like he was in trouble and then walla one strike and it is over. I would not count Fedor out!
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast