218280 Bullies, 7942 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Has entered Barovia...

Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first Group1 year registered10000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 6:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best option is to be direct.

Means, if someone behaves like an idiot, tell him so clearly,
    and make sure you have the high ground. ("Means, "If you give me a knee to the balls again, I am not going to train with you any more" instead of "Waah, dude, kick me again and I am going to **** you up".)

But means also, if someone commits an unintentional mistake, be polite, keep your voice low, and be very direct as well. (Like "Please, man, wash your gi. It's really unacceptable." instead of "Waah, dude, you stink!")

In-fights at the gym will lead nowhere.

If your instructor, however, out of some strange sense of having to establish the hacking order in the wolf pack, let's the situation go, hurt the other one.

I have no idea about rolling, but in KB, I would simply headbutt somebody who behaves like a dick. His bleeding nose will cool him down.

Fighting is about cold blood and about patience.
    If you loose both by some idiot provoking you, you are the lesser man.

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 6:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never practice with anyone who is dangerous or stupid. It sucks to be hurt and it suck to hurt anyone else when you are just practicing. Refuse to work out with people who are breeding grounds for ring worm, marsa, staph, etc. This is not being rude. This is just being wise. If eveyone just refuses to work out with the stinky bitch, he will either wise up or leave.

POWERRR!

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 7:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you apologise then the guy is a dick to retaliate, If people apologise to me my response is normally something like "no worries, its judo" .. only deliberate bastardry should incur wrath

Banzai Buddy

Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class1 year registered

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 8:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How has it got to the stage where he has had numerous warnings about his unwashed, stinky gi, yet no-one higher-up has done anything about it?

Say, sending the guy home if he turns up in that state?

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 9:25am

Style: Shotokan & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just don't roll with this dickhead. If for no other reason than he doesn't wash his gi. The conversation would go much as follows.

Dickhead: "Uh hey man, wanna roll?"
    You: "No."
    Dickhead: "Why not?"
    You: "You never wash you gi. I don't want to breathe near it, much less touch it."

I don't know what the atmosphere in the school is like, but I've never hesitated to bluntly refuse to roll or even partner with people with dirty gis, ringworm, etc. I once told a guy with a huge ringworm rash on the back of his neck he couldn't train. He was a tool too. He couldn't even see it, but wanted to argue with me and everyone else that he should still be allowed to train. It took about 4 other people telling him he had ringworm and couldn't train to convince him. He stormed out like a bitch and never came back.

If your instructor has a problem with you refusing to roll with this guy, you should find a new school. He's made general announcements so he's obviously aware of the problem, but hasn't done anything directly about it.

That's obviously just part 1 of the issue. Say he does start washing his gi. He's still got an ego problem. I've run into that a lot, which is why I don't give any pointers unless someone asks. You say he doesn't want to hear any corrections. Fine, don't give any. As far as I'm concerned, if you want to suck that's your business.

You didn't break anything on him, so no harm no foul in my book. Clearly, it's up to you whether you want to keep rolling with him, but the big risk is him hurting you. I don't know how much you outclass him, but we all make mistakes and he could catch you. As far as the eyegouging threat, I look at it like this. Once you step outside the rules, it's not a friendly session anymore. We've gone from training together to you actively trying to damage me. I'm going to try and end it quickly from there. The preferred option of course being disengaging and refusing to roll anymore. If that's not an option (say he's on top in your guard, or you've got rear mount, but are underneath him and just can't stand up) and it's between me having a scratched cornea or him taking a nap or having a hyperextension... Well, I'm not getting eye surgery if you get my drift. I don't know about the potential legal ramifications though.

So, flat out refuse to roll/partner with this dickhead. Talk to your instructor. If you don't get a satisfactory resolution, find another school. This kind of **** has no place in a good training environment.

Heavyweight

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 10:12am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sweats View Post

So, flat out refuse to roll/partner with this dickhead. Talk to your instructor. If you don't get a satisfactory resolution, find another school. This kind of **** has no place in a good training environment.
    Yes, this makes me uncomfortable - it seems that the instructor is putting up with bs. That's a bad sign. And if he's ignorant of what is going on that's a bad sign too.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Dysfunctionally Strong

Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 10:20am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This one time, me and this kid on the playground were arguing about who was the best Pokemon. I of course chose Charizard, but you know what he said?

"Metapod"

To this day I wear his teeth as a necklace.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 10:41am

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks a lot for the replies guys but I want to point out something else in here.

I had never had a problem with submitting a dick a little hard to make him understand something.
    But the thing makes me ashamed of myself is going into a rage, in a fighting mode.When I felt like that I can easily say %60 of my bjj knowledge was gone. It was just like I was trying to force the techniques.
    I wasnt trying to submit the guy a little hard, I wasnt trying to teach him a lesson, I just wanted to **** him up.

And this is nothing to brag about, he is absolutely a beginner and getting him means nothing. And we are almost same size.
    What if the guy was big? What if by being angry, I would make a big mistake and end up under him and get some punishment myself.

You see? When you are training martial arts you learn a lot of technique, control of body, strength etc.
    However when your instincts tell you to FIGHT, not in a ring, not to prove something, just this will to hurt the other people, you seem to lose a lot.
    And again I feel like there is a very thin line between this rage and just technically dominate someone feeling.

And the thing I m ashamed is that I lost control that day, I passed the line (this is the first time in years) and acted a little stupidly I think.

Quote Originally Posted by sweats View Post
    Just don't roll with this dickhead. If for no other reason than he doesn't wash his gi. The conversation would go much as follows.

Dickhead: "Uh hey man, wanna roll?"
    You: "No."
    Dickhead: "Why not?"
    You: "You never wash you gi. I don't want to breathe near it, much less touch it."

I don't know what the atmosphere in the school is like, but I've never hesitated to bluntly refuse to roll or even partner with people with dirty gis, ringworm, etc. I once told a guy with a huge ringworm rash on the back of his neck he couldn't train. He was a tool too. He couldn't even see it, but wanted to argue with me and everyone else that he should still be allowed to train. It took about 4 other people telling him he had ringworm and couldn't train to convince him. He stormed out like a bitch and never came back.

If your instructor has a problem with you refusing to roll with this guy, you should find a new school. He's made general announcements so he's obviously aware of the problem, but hasn't done anything directly about it.

That's obviously just part 1 of the issue. Say he does start washing his gi. He's still got an ego problem. I've run into that a lot, which is why I don't give any pointers unless someone asks. You say he doesn't want to hear any corrections. Fine, don't give any. As far as I'm concerned, if you want to suck that's your business.

You didn't break anything on him, so no harm no foul in my book. Clearly, it's up to you whether you want to keep rolling with him, but the big risk is him hurting you. I don't know how much you outclass him, but we all make mistakes and he could catch you. As far as the eyegouging threat, I look at it like this. Once you step outside the rules, it's not a friendly session anymore. We've gone from training together to you actively trying to damage me. I'm going to try and end it quickly from there. The preferred option of course being disengaging and refusing to roll anymore. If that's not an option (say he's on top in your guard, or you've got rear mount, but are underneath him and just can't stand up) and it's between me having a scratched cornea or him taking a nap or having a hyperextension... Well, I'm not getting eye surgery if you get my drift. I don't know about the potential legal ramifications though.

As I said at the end of every class we line up facing our partners and roll for 5 minutes. And after that one line moves down so we spar with new partner etc.
    I dont mind this so much. I really like my instructor and dont plan to change soon.

And the general atmosphere in the gym is also very friendly, I can even say elite.
    But this guy....man....

I think it is very soon that he will be kicked out or will be forced to change the way he acts.Cuz I just wrote the things here that bothers me heavily. There are many other strange stuff that he does sometimes, which makes me think he really have some problems.

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 10:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fug View Post
    Yes, this makes me uncomfortable - it seems that the instructor is putting up with bs. That's a bad sign. And if he's ignorant of what is going on that's a bad sign too.
    Not really. He is a cool guy and our gym has a somehow more dojo-like and friendly atmosphere. he first warned him but didn't want to humiliate him so it was just like after some classes "please don't... something something something"

This didn't really pay off so they started to warn him about rolling or his gi and all. In a friendly way.

But I can see their patience is about to end, as well as other peoples. I expect somebody to do something soon.

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 10:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    This one time, me and this kid on the playground were arguing about who was the best Pokemon. I of course chose Charizard, but you know what he said?

"Metapod"

To this day I wear his teeth as a necklace.
    Metapod IS the best pokemon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast