Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 2:31am

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The point that you lose the control

It happened a week ago but I kinda feel a little uneasy about this so wanted to ask your opinion.

I m sure this must happen to a lot of you.

You know the time when you roll with someone, your opponent happens to be such a retard sometimes, you tap him many times but you are the one that got beaten in the end.

I m not saying he found some openings on your defence and beat you a lot but you managed to submit him at the end in an mma spar.

What I mean is, you just fckin want to roll, learn something ,maybe you are also such a nice guy that has a great attitude against your opponent, so take it easy on him if he is not as good as you.
    But this guy just does all kind of stupid things to give you injuries,scratches etc.

We have this guy recently, he never washes his gi. NEVER EVER. Everybody told him many times,even instructor gave a warning "everybody" many times recently but man he doesnt just wash it and there is no such stink. You cannot even go inside changing room if he is inside with his gi.
    Also he has great attitude problems, like if you try to tell him something (not only me even instructors) he gets angry and he s like "yeah yeah yeah ok ok ok" just to make you stop quickly. Or if you try to shake his hand before rolling he just pulls your hand and tries to get guard etc.

Like he s being hated in all gym is not enough this guy also sometimes tries to bend my taped fingers. he even kicked me on the knee one time (you know like the way you are on the ground and your feet are high and you are checking your opponents knees if he gets close, its fckin dangerous) after rolling was over and I was getting away and he said "sorry" like it was unintended.

As you can guess, I dont like this guy a lot.

What happened last time is, I was trying to do a submission to him, y'know hold the lapels with your both hands and press your knuckles on the neck (I wasnt going crazy though I just wanted him to not let me to it so i can transition to something else) he suddenly stopped and started threatening me that he will eyegouge me or whatever next time we roll. I tried to tell him this is a legit move, even our instructor taught this to us, but no he didnt believe and he kept threatening me.
    So when I started rolling with him I was fucking furious at the end and I fcked him up. I dont mean I tapped him a lot, I just hurt him.(I was even swearing in a low voice)

This is the first time I lost control when I was rolling and it turned into a "grappling fight."

Should I feel sorry about this for doing this kind of thing for a deserving asshole. or still is it not acceptable for losing your self conscience.

what do you do when somebody REALLY pisses you off and you end up rolling with them?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 2:55am

Style: CSW BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometimes you just gotta choke a mat bully out but you should let Professor Chet know before hand, let him know he wants to throw eye gouging into the mix, he'll love that. If hes threatening you that's not good at all, your gym should be a place to learn and have fun.

How did you hurt him? Breaking something is going overboard but I'm all for a choke out when its deserved and this clown sounds like he has it coming. You could just stop rolling with him? Ive never rolled with anyone after they've made me mad.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 2:57am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyunus View Post
    It happened a week ago but I kinda feel a little uneasy about this so wanted to ask your opinion.

I m sure this must happen to a lot of you.

You know the time when you roll with someone, your opponent happens to be such a retard sometimes, you tap him many times but you are the one that got beaten in the end.

I m not saying he found some openings on your defence and beat you a lot but you managed to submit him at the end in an mma spar.

What I mean is, you just fckin want to roll, learn something ,maybe you are also such a nice guy that has a great attitude against your opponent, so take it easy on him if he is not as good as you.
    But this guy just does all kind of stupid things to give you injuries,scratches etc.

We have this guy recently, he never washes his gi. NEVER EVER. Everybody told him many times,even instructor gave a warning "everybody" many times recently but man he doesnt just wash it and there is no such stink. You cannot even go inside changing room if he is inside with his gi.
    Also he has great attitude problems, like if you try to tell him something (not only me even instructors) he gets angry and he s like "yeah yeah yeah ok ok ok" just to make you stop quickly. Or if you try to shake his hand before rolling he just pulls your hand and tries to get guard etc.

Like he s being hated in all gym is not enough this guy also sometimes tries to bend my taped fingers. he even kicked me on the knee one time (you know like the way you are on the ground and your feet are high and you are checking your opponents knees if he gets close, its fckin dangerous) after rolling was over and I was getting away and he said "sorry" like it was unintended.

As you can guess, I dont like this guy a lot.

What happened last time is, I was trying to do a submission to him, y'know hold the lapels with your both hands and press your knuckles on the neck (I wasnt going crazy though I just wanted him to not let me to it so i can transition to something else) he suddenly stopped and started threatening me that he will eyegouge me or whatever next time we roll. I tried to tell him this is a legit move, even our instructor taught this to us, but no he didnt believe and he kept threatening me.
    So when I started rolling with him I was fucking furious at the end and I fcked him up. I dont mean I tapped him a lot, I just hurt him.(I was even swearing in a low voice)

This is the first time I lost control when I was rolling and it turned into a "grappling fight."

Should I feel sorry about this for doing this kind of thing for a deserving asshole. or still is it not acceptable for losing your self conscience.

what do you do when somebody REALLY pisses you off and you end up rolling with them?
    YouTube- Pimp Slap from How High
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 3:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifes View Post
    Sometimes you just gotta choke a mat bully out but you should let Professor Chet know before hand, let him know he wants to throw eye gouging into the mix, he'll love that. If hes threatening you that's not good at all, your gym should be a place to learn and have fun.

How did you hurt him? Breaking something is going overboard but I'm all for a choke out when its deserved and this clown sounds like he has it coming. You could just stop rolling with him? Ive never rolled with anyone after they've made me mad.
    It s like, for example, this guy these days has a habit, if you for a submission he taps before you get it %100 percent.
    So i kinda did the opposite, when I went for a submission I did it with full strength and when he tapped I waited 1 second first and let him go away.
    Or for example I got knee on stomach and while pushing with my all strength to the diaphragm again I pulled his hips and shoulders with all strength.
    I submitted him 5-6 times like this in 3 minutes.

I never choose to roll with this guy, it more like after each class we have 10-15 minutes of rolling time.

So it was the rolling time and we were in the farthest corner so nobody really understood what was going on I think.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 4:38am

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyunus View Post
    It s like, for example, this guy these days has a habit, if you for a submission he taps before you get it %100 percent.
    So i kinda did the opposite, when I went for a submission I did it with full strength and when he tapped I waited 1 second first and let him go away.
    Or for example I got knee on stomach and while pushing with my all strength to the diaphragm again I pulled his hips and shoulders with all strength.
    I submitted him 5-6 times like this in 3 minutes.

I never choose to roll with this guy, it more like after each class we have 10-15 minutes of rolling time.

So it was the rolling time and we were in the farthest corner so nobody really understood what was going on I think.
    Sounds great. Now you just have to make sure that he absolutely never has the opportunity to return the favor in your future relationship. No pressure though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 4:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt View Post
    Sounds great. Now you just have to make sure that he absolutely never has the opportunity to return the favor in your future relationship. No pressure though.
    Thats the funny thing. He has been coming to the gym like months now.

But he is like a stone, never learns anything. Months passed and he never ever started rolling with another technique than this:
    'when shaking hand try to pull him to my guard, when he is trying to get a frame I force the arms to come into my guard, and EVEN THAT I DONT CONTROL ANY OF THE ARMS I throw over a leg of mine over his head so it would end up in an armbar. However while doing this I dont move my hips or something. Just lay on my side, my body is in a line with my opponent, and throw the leg'

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 5:02am

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My point was more that you can be a dick to a pretty nice guy and if you stop pushing before he snaps, you get away scot free. If you decide to be a dick TO a dick, you'll reap dividends from that as soon as the other dick is pointed your way. Since we already have an estimate of this guy's character from his prior actions, do you think it is more or less likely that he's going to try to hurt you in future drills?

I'm not saying you need to buckle to all the assholes in your life, but are there going to be consequences?

Maybe I just don't understand because I've never been a serious grappler. If I'm better than somebody as a striker it means I hit him 10% more than he hits me. If I absolutely outclass him maybe I hit him 50% more, but I'm not untouchable in the long run. If you're a better grappler you can guarantee he'll never get a lock on you?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 5:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt View Post
    My point was more that you can be a dick to a pretty nice guy and if you stop pushing before he snaps, you get away scot free. If you decide to be a dick TO a dick, you'll reap dividends from that as soon as the other dick is pointed your way. Since we already have an estimate of this guy's character from his prior actions, do you think it is more or less likely that he's going to try to hurt you in future drills?

I'm not saying you need to buckle to all the assholes in your life, but are there going to be consequences?

Maybe I just don't understand because I've never been a serious grappler. If I'm better than somebody as a striker it means I hit him 10% more than he hits me. If I absolutely outclass him maybe I hit him 50% more, but I'm not untouchable in the long run. If you're a better grappler you can guarantee he'll never get a lock on you?
    I dont really think he will try to hurt me in the future. Because even that I roll very soft normally, after this thing he started talking from my back about how excited I get when I roll. I heard it when I was rolling with someone else, close to him.
    And he doesnt seem like he took this personally either.

And dude if you want to convert his skill to striking just imagine that you are a perfect striker, and this guys ultimate strategy is keeping his head down and trying to punch your thighs.

But again anything is possible. The guy can keep this inside and try to hurt me in the future, even though I dont really think so.

before playing with **** I should ve known it would put a stink on me too I guess.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 5:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see any problem with hurting the dick as long as there's no permanent injury. A guy tried to knee my balls in my guard so hard once he actually broke my cup.. needless to say I became very 'clumsy' in my transitions from then on making sure that my knees and elbows began hitting him in the face

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 6:00am

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I first learn armbar from mount, I accidentally kicked my partner in the head. I apologised profusely.

He repaid the favour by doing a throw (the next drill) full speed and force, putting me on my head. I'm glad I never went back to that bjj mcdojo.

The point of this story is hurting people will probably bite you in the ass, even if you did it accidentally, but this depends on the personality of the guy who gets hurt. If the dude is threatening to gouge your eyes and you keep fucking with him he might just not let go of a choke/armbar.
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast