Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 2:13pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC 112 - April 10th 2010 - top of the card

Two Championship bouts and a grudge match of sorts will get me to make the buy.

Here's the full card:
    Light Heavyweight bout: Alexander Gustafsson vs. Phil Davis

Demian Maia vs Anderson Silva for the MW belt. Maia is my absolute favorite fighter in the UFC. He's not the best, I know, but I would take a face-punch from Nate Marquardt to be as good as Maia is on the ground. I'm sad to think of his chances at beating Silva.

Frankie Edgar vs BJ Penn - poor poor Frankie Edgar. I really hope this is more competitive than I think it will be.

Matt Hughes vs Renzo Gracie - This could be really really good. I'm not particularly a fan of either guy, but to welcome Renzo to the UFC I think Hughes is a great choice. I'm guessing Renzo by ruthless submission.

The rest of the card is ho-hum for me, but I'm sure there will be some surprises and excellent fights on this card.

Opinions? Insights? Picks?

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 8:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm really really hoping Maia doesn't take the Leites route and get disheartened early on. I'd rather see him get KO'd in the 3rd round than watch another butt-flop marathon.

LW title fight looks like it'll be good for sure. I'm still betting Penn to win, but Edgar brings the noise.