Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 12:13pm

Style: Hybrid Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    somtimes fights look like they have come out of a ninja movie.
    Oh dear god, kill me now.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 12:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I generally like giving people the benefit of the doubt, but it is definitely sending up some red flags. Still, I guess the main point of the tale, true or not, is about helping victims with their own Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. I've heard here in the US that police have people to do this sort of thing, but perhaps on the LEOs here can clarify?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 12:35pm

Style: GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, my troll senses are firing here, so this is the last thing I will say on this matter.

I spoke to Raymond for over an hour about this event and was totally convinced that he had not made it up, as was my policeman friend and indeed everyone else listening. After talking to him about it, and how he felt, I asked his permission to write an article about the event. He agreed.

I wanted to speak about something that I saw clearly in him, which struck a cord in me and I hoped would do so in others. Some of the comments I am getting on my blog suggest that I managed to communicate these feelings. As a philosophy graduate (University of Greenwich 98, under Jim Urpeth), I am interested in these sort of things. As a martial artist myself (Black belt cert @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/outside...7594181284325/) I am also interested. I witnessed a very nasty stabbing in 2002 outside Walthamstow dog track and appeared as a witness at Snaresbrook court, so I have been through much of what Raymond was feeling.

However, of course, I was not there at this event. But, and again take this or leave it, I have done the necessary in daring (gulp) to post on Bullshido. I have been a member for many years and respect this forums reputation.

End of.

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 12:50pm

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Fine. Then in my opinion it's a bunch of bs and any discussion related to it is useless. Come one, read it again. It's classic TMA stroke off fantasy bullshit. Your reluctence to even give your buddy Raymond a call to ask him a few quick questions shows that you're beginning to realize yourself that its all made up.
    True.

The fight sounds made up, like a fight scene from Bourne, ie a RBSD, tu D34dly sales pitch. Also if he's been training teh D34dly for 18 years surely he wouldn't be suddenly shocked at having control and why the hell would he check up on the guys health afterward? Now it's sounding like The Karate Kid III.

Plus, if no charges were brought or no one died the Police wouldn't tell Raymond anything about the assailants health, it's none of his business by then.

It's a fantasy.

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 1:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it will stop all the sooking and put the discussion back on track we can change the scenario to the David Hooks killing in St Kilda which absolutly happened and still hits most of the points of the debate

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2005/s1458713.htm
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 3/05/2010 2:47pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 5:11pm

Style: Standup, Ground-fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A professional martial arts instructor defeats three thugs? Sure, I can believe it.

...but when it is with three quick movements, each one breaking a bone or joint, that's when it sounds like phooey. I've never heard a verifiable story of anyone snap, snap snapping bones like that, unless you count Tony Jaa movies. Sure, people have PTSD issues about a lot of stuff and it's good to talk about, but untraceable ninja stories on the front page of Bullshido make me a bit sad.

Not to mention, if he really was a martial arts instructor with lightning-fast knife reflexes and knife-fighting know-how, he would have used his run-fu.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 5:28pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any UKers care to point out the newspaper where the article about this event appeared? Because given the climate in the UK I seriously doubt something of this nature would have passed without a writeup in at least the local paper.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 8:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This either needs some documented evidence or it needs to be yanked from the front page.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 8:26am

Style: IRT/FMA/BJJ/BUDO TAIJUTSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Any UKers care to point out the newspaper where the article about this event appeared? Because given the climate in the UK I seriously doubt something of this nature would have passed without a writeup in at least the local paper.
    Yes you would imagine that there would be a newspaper article and at least a new broadcast some where to corroborate the incident!

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 11:29am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HAP View Post
    Yes you would imagine that there would be a newspaper article and at least a new broadcast some where to corroborate the incident!
    Not every crime ends up in print in the UK, even though the tabloids do love a bit of knife crime.

If Raymond had a crime reference number and was willing to share it the story could be checked. Otherwise I doubt it could be verified.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast