Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 5:54pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Well, what would you like?

For the record, again, I think ALL of them, including Oyata, are full of crap and the things simply do not work as taught.

What would I like? Ypou made a statement that Siddle did not "develop" PPCT until he had attended seminars by Dillman and others. This does not match up with what I understand as the history of PPCT, which is why I asked if you could expand on that point. Apparently you cannot. That does not negate the value of your story.

Somewhere in my background, I was PPCT certified and I have expereinced a Dillman seminar, so I am not disputing that things don't work quite the way they claim.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 5:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahem... what does "PPCT" stand for?

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 6:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba_The_SHY View Post
    Pressure Point Control Tactics

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 7:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin View Post
    What would I like? Ypou made a statement that Siddle did not "develop" PPCT until he had attended seminars by Dillman and others. This does not match up with what I understand as the history of PPCT, which is why I asked if you could expand on that point. Apparently you cannot. That does not negate the value of your story.

Somewhere in my background, I was PPCT certified and I have expereinced a Dillman seminar, so I am not disputing that things don't work quite the way they claim.
    What I can or cannot do about the history has nothing to do with the story. Right or wrong, it was my thought process as to why the seminar was booked.

Now, that said, the idea that Dilliman was not doing "pressure point" stuff until after Oyata is a claim made by one side of the bigger story I was not addressing.

It does not mean I can not, it means I did not.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 8:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I can or cannot do about the history has nothing to do with the story. Right or wrong, it was my thought process as to why the seminar was booked.

Now, that said, the idea that Dilliman was not doing "pressure point" stuff until after Oyata is a claim made by one side of the bigger story I was not addressing.

It does not mean I can not, it means I did not.
    Whatever. I politely asked for some more info, after tapdancing around it, now you say you can clarify my question , but you haven't. So that amounts to an unsubstantiated claim. is it thread drift from your story? Yep. Is it a statement you brought up? Yep. "I don't want to get into it on a public board" OK. You didn't say that in any of your responses, but that is what we have. Now.

The Third Man

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 9:50pm

Style: Isshin-Ryu Karate,JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyway George is teaching various stuff, most ok. Some less so. So he is showing how to do a KO with a one knuckle fist to a point on the jaw.
    After helping a few people he walked up to me, felt my arm and peck and said "You're a big guy," then walked past me....

...then he sucker punched me!

Yes, I am sure he used the one knuckle fist; but the point is he walked past me, out of my line of vision, then sucker punched me.

Unless I knew he was demonstrating a strike on me and I was totally ready for it. This is how I'd handle this situation: After getting back up I'd probably say "Nice trick Fat-ass" then punch him in the face.
    Last edited by CharlieWoopAss2; 3/05/2010 9:54pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 10:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju-Ryu/Bjj (White Belt)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    When I was younger, I always wondered why my sensei snickered and scowled whenever he heard Dillman's name, or one of us brought him a BB magazine with Dillman showing some technique.

Mark, another seminar may be needed for you so show him how to use the Earth for pressure point knockouts.
    THAT is funny!!!!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 11:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju-Ryu/Bjj (White Belt)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba_The_SHY View Post
    Most of us would abbreviate it as; "BS" instead
  9. Punchy Smurf

Posted On:
    7/15/2012 7:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Energy moves in a clockwise direction".

Energy moves in a clockwise direction.

o.0

...until you stand on the other side of it.

I can understand how one man becomes dellusional. I can even understand follie adeux (spelling?), but I can't understand how a room full of supposedly normal people can believe this ****... I'm guessing there weren't too many physicists in the room.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/15/2012 8:10pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchy Smurf View Post
    "Energy moves in a clockwise direction".

Energy moves in a clockwise direction.

o.0

...until you stand on the other side of it.

I can understand how one man becomes dellusional. I can even understand follie adeux (spelling?), but I can't understand how a room full of supposedly normal people can believe this ****... I'm guessing there weren't too many physicists in the room.
    Please read the rules of MABS or find a YMAS thread; thanks.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234