Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 2:04pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dillman works with pressure points, but has no relationship with PPCT, which was developed by Bruce Siddle.

I have been hit by Dillman in one of his seminars. It was a Wally Jay, Remy Presas, George Dillman event. George was not yet doing the "no touch" knockouts, merely light touch. "Light touch" was a chinjab from about 6 inches away. Not real surprising he was able to knock people out.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 2:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin View Post
    Dillman works with pressure points, but has no relationship with PPCT, which was developed by Bruce Siddle.
    Yes, but he did not "develop" it until after attending seminars by Dillman and another Okinawan "master" of the pressure point.

In truth, NONE of it works as advertised.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 2:37pm

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great story by the way, I was holding out hope that it ended like the Seagal/Lebell story, with Dillman crapping his pants. I love how much of a traveling carnie/vaudeville act this whole thing is.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 2:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Yes, but he did not "develop" it until after attending seminars by Dillman and another Okinawan "master" of the pressure point.

In truth, NONE of it works as advertised.
    Is there any references to Siddle learning from Dillman or other PP masters?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 2:55pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a serious question. Have you ever looked in to the PPCT and its derivatives in the West?

It is ugly and rife with lawsuits. Pretty much everyone claims they are the originator and everyone else is a fraud.

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 3:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    This is a serious question. Have you ever looked in to the PPCT and its derivatives in the West?

It is ugly and rife with lawsuits. Pretty much everyone claims they are the originator and everyone else is a fraud.
    Yes, and that's my point.

With this stuff you kinda have to follow who did what first; and then what came after them.

We can use examples like "The Severn" to make this point.....
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 3:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there any references to Siddle learning from Dillman or other PP masters?
    Well, he would be kind of foolish to say "I got this from Dillman," especially in light of the lawsuits.

On his UFC tapes, Dan Severn shows a submission set from the head and arm...

...with no credit where he learned it from.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 3:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Well, he would be kind of foolish to say "I got this from Dillman," especially in light of the lawsuits.

On his UFC tapes, Dan Severn shows a submission set from the head and arm...

...with no credit where he learned it from.
    Fair enough. But as Siddle was teching PPCT before Dillman went to an Oyata seminar, it would be nice to have some kind of corroboration.

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 3:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair enough. But as Siddle was teching PPCT before Dillman went to an Oyata seminar, it would be nice to have some kind of corroboration.
    Well, what would you like?

Your statement that Dillman got it from Oyata is equally without evidence, save that from the Oyata side of things.

There would not be the level of lawsuits in all of this if there was a clear answer. Much depends where you are in the debate.

Perhaps I might have phrased it in a way more neutral or open to the various sides of the debate. The idea of pressure point control goes further back than everyone in this discussion. In as much as the topic is my experience with George, I gave my personal thought process as to why I had him come.

I was not giving a history lesson or testifying in yet another court case.

For the record, again, I think ALL of them, including Oyata, are full of crap and the things simply do not work as taught.

The rest if for the courts, I guess....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 5:34pm

Style: IRT/FMA/BJJ/BUDO TAIJUTSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great story Mark. Very interesting. It is to bad that Dillman can go around making a fortune off of the gullible and excellent martial practitioners are struggling. We have a really lousy percentage of losers out that duping the gullible and unfortunately I do not see it ending anytime soon.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast