Page 2 of 11 First 123456 ... Last
    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT supporting member
    Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    Physics is self explanatory. The floors are falling objects is really quite simple what will happen when gravity takes a hold of them.
    If you think this is a simple problem you aren't thinking it through.

Engineering is also self explanatory. The towers were built in a city and engineered in such a way that if there was a failure or a need to remove them this pancake effect would happen.
    reference please(!)
    Note: you realize you are accusing the architect of mass murder right?

People are quick to take on the most far fetched explanation for an event and dismiss the simplest explanation.
    You think my suspicion that the rate of floor collapse in a pancake scenario converges on a constant is far fetched? How so?

Take for example this. Which will hit the ground first a bullet dropped from 5ft or a bullet fired straight from 5 feet?
    Simultaneous in a vacuum. No educated person believes otherwise.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Style
    Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ
    Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    You need to reeducate yourself its been proven as simultaneous outside a vacuum. Mythbusters 2009 season episode 12 series #126 aired Oct 7 2009

The pancake effect has been stated over and over and over by building engineers when asked about the towers. The only thing is people would rather believe a team of demolition experts went into the towers and set charges.

www.popularmechanics.com/science/research/4278874.html

Gravity is gravity.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need to reeducate yourself its been proven as simultaneous outside a vacuum.
    Did I say otherwise?

The pancake effect has been stated over and over and over by building engineers when asked about the towers.
    There is debate on this. Again its not that simple.

The only thing is people would rather believe a team of demolition experts went into the towers and set charges.
    The only question I'm asking is whether a pancake collapse is feasible when the collapse front can be shown to accelerate. The multi-brick break footage sheds some light on this.

I'm not arguing for a demo team or anything of the sort, and I won't because its completely irrelevant.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did I say otherwise?
    Yes you did.

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes you did.
    C'mon Josh! You're not a retard... stop acting like one. You asked this [quote}Which will hit the ground first a bullet dropped from 5ft or a bullet fired straight from 5 feet? [/quote]
    To which I replied
    I did not say anything at all about the same test in atmosphere, which is what the television program you referred to was examining.

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The pancake effect has been stated over and over and over by building engineers when asked about the towers
    Here is a partial list of material written by various engineers, physicists, architects and governmental organizations on the subject. They represent the full spectrum of agreement and dissent with the pancake theory. Read as much or as little as you'd like. I'm posting it to show the diversity of opinion in the group you mentioned:

Last edited by Matt Phillips; 3/04/2010 3:18pm at .

Style
    wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The towers did fall at a constant rate. As the top section impacted the lower there was an initial slight resistance and of course even gravity took a short time to overcome the upper sections inertia.
    As more weight began to be added to the falling section by each floor that was successively crushed and torn free it reduced the ability of the remaining floors to resist the forces bearing down on them.
    The rate of collapse even allowing for momentary structural resistance and air pressure resistance was more or less the gravitational constant of acceleration which 9.81m/s.
    So yes they did fall at a constant rate, i.e. one which was consistent which gravitational acceleration.

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendClog View Post
    The towers did fall at a constant rate.
    I don't believe that's possible. In order for an object falling at a constant speed to arrive at the ground at close to the same time as a second free falling object, it must have been travelling faster than the that object for part of its descent. But this is impossible, as the free falling object is already traveling at the fastest rate gravity alone can generate.

The rate of collapse even allowing for momentary structural resistance and air pressure resistance was more or less the gravitational constant of acceleration which 9.81m/s.
    Nobody ever said terminal velocity does not depened on gravity.

Style
    Nin Chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't believe that's possible. In order for an object falling at a constant speed to arrive at the ground at close to the same time as a second free falling object, it must have been travelling faster than the that object for part of its descent. But this is impossible, as the free falling object is already traveling at the fastest rate gravity alone can generate.

Nobody ever said terminal velocity does not depened on gravity.
    Nooooooooooooo things dont fall at a constant speed they fall with a constant acceleration when in a gravitational field. (Newtoninan assumption of locally flat space so as not to get into any relativistic argument)

The dynamics of innumerable chucks of mass in such a catastophy are truly mind bending. All sorts forces will be generated in any given direction acting on any given chunk of mass. Some parts will even accelerate upwards for a time!!!

Add to this unquantifiable chaos the fact that crack propagation is far from a linear phenomena and you really do get into a realm where, even simplified explainations require a higher degree in structural mechanics to comprehend.

Good luck and remember gravity is your friend.

:5propelle
    Last edited by Da Pope; 3/05/2010 6:39am at .

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    English may be my second language, bad English being my first. Your statement implied that they will only hit simultaneous in a vacuum and that you would have to be an idiot to believe otherwise.

The evidence is there for all to see a bunch of idiots flew a plane into a building and it fell down. So another bunch of idiots came up with some idiotic notions and some idiots with degrees (I know plenty of them) agreed with them. Then some really smart people say exactly what happen as shown on the videos and the original idiots call them stupid.

Conspiracy of this magnitude would require 1000s of people to be silent. People give our government to much credit when it come to **** like this. **** we can't even balance a budget. Think about it your dumbass uncle that is always broke and borrowing money from people is running the country. Yet, he can keep a secret about killing 3000+ of his neighbors.

Sorry I have nothing more to say about this let the people who died in this fucked incident rest in peace and leave them alone.

Page 2 of 11 First 123456 ... Last