Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    3/03/2010 1:37pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, it is time to look at some of the OTHER threads in the forum about Keehan. There is someone who is in the process of making a movie based on this psycho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/03/2010 1:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hsing-I

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Yeah, it is time to look at some of the OTHER threads in the forum about Keehan. There is someone who is in the process of making a movie based on this psycho.
    Well, the movie he's making is a documentary. I'm not sure why people always feel that information should be "hidden" because it's not all happy & pretty. Keehan had alot of dark things in his life. Instead of letting other people spin his life into crazy mythology (like that looney toon Ashida Kim has tried to do), how about letting the facts be put out there?

Films have also been made about Hitler, Jack The Ripper, and others much worse than Keehan. Should the books and films about them have been suppressed instead? I'd rather know the facts about such people myself...
    Last edited by cerebus; 3/03/2010 1:50pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/03/2010 1:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it interesting that a moderator has seen fit to try and bury this thread. I'm not sure why there is such a fear of information here. As I mentioned, my book makes no attempt to glorify Keehan, it simply puts the facts on the table (good and bad). No reason for that to be hidden...

Pulling mount since '09

Posted On:
    3/03/2010 1:52pm

Style: jits da variedade brasile

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    "...most fistic arts
    That's it.

I'm totally stealing that. Sorry Lebell, I saw it first.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2010 1:56pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hapkido_keith View Post
    I hope you die. I hope you get torn apart by wild dogs in a pool of lemon juice. After a long bought of pancreatic cancer. I hope after you die, that there is a hell just so you can go to it. It would be worth my own final destination in a lake of fire just knowing that you'll go to hell too. I hope when you get to hell, Satan is there to greet you personally, and says, "Welcome to Hell, bitch!" Then I hope Satan sodomizes you with a pineapple for a few thousand centuries. Then I hope he gouges out your eyes and skull fucks you with a pineapple for a few thousand more centuries. Then you get to eat the pineapple, only it tastes like ****. Then I hope he drowns you in a river of **** for a few thousand more centuries. Then I hope he gets real creative with you, in a way that only Satan himself could fathom. That's how much I hate you for posting this. Good day.
    This rant both made me **** myself laughing AND made my day. Thank you, good sir.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    3/03/2010 1:58pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, the movie he's making is a documentary. I'm not sure why people always feel that information should be "hidden" because it's not all happy & pretty. Keehan had alot of dark things in his life. Instead of letting other people spin his life into crazy mythology (like that looney toon Ashida Kim has tried to do), how about letting the facts be put out there?

Films have also been made about Hitler, Jack The Ripper, and others much worse than Keehan. Should the books and films about them have been suppressed instead? I'd rather know the facts about such people myself...
    It shouldn't be suppressed at all. The more POVs the better, but the way you come out with it will illicit the reaction that you are getting now.

You joined this forum almost 3 years ago, so if you have been lurking you should know what to expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/03/2010 2:07pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it interesting that a moderator has seen fit to try and bury this thread. I'm not sure why there is such a fear of information here. As I mentioned, my book makes no attempt to glorify Keehan, it simply puts the facts on the table (good and bad). No reason for that to be hidden...
    How does moving your thread to a different forum equate to, ". . . try and bury this thread."?

This is one of the most popular and most frequented fora on the board.

I suspect that you started the thread in the wrong forum and a moderator or staffer moved it accordingly.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/03/2010 2:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    How does moving your thread to a different forum equate to, ". . . try and bury this thread."?

This is one of the most popular and most frequented fora on the board.

I suspect that you started the thread in the wrong forum and a moderator or staffer moved it accordingly.
    Ah, is that what happened? My bad. I see it still on this thread, just not coming to the top with new posts, so I thought it was somehow being "buried" by a mod. Apologies if that's not the case.

And hey, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about people's responses at all. I know that people will have plenty of negative stuff to say (I mean, hey it's Count Dante, right?). I'm just explaining some of the stuff that folks don't usually realize.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/03/2010 2:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's with all the hate?

From what I can tell this is a biography of a colorful figure in US martial arts/pop culture. Hell, I remember the "Count Dante" ads from comic books back in the '70s and I know Keehan is still a local legend in Chicago. He was an interesting man, and hopefully this book is going to be an interesting historical biography; I'd certainly read it.

Cerebus, bear in mind that a lot of people here are of the post-MTV generation ...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/03/2010 2:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm... so which forum has this particular thread been moved to? I posted a similar thread on the MA News forum, but that one doesn't have the great responses this one does...
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast