--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Stacked rib damage ?

About 1.75 years ago I tried to Triangle a guy about 60-70 pounds heavier then my 200lbs. He stacked me and my rib popped out of place with unbearable pain. In the next 2 weeks my rib popped out about 8 times while avoiding Jiu-Jitsu. Each time feeling like I imagine a heart attack would. I couldn't roll for about 3 months. Last week in demonstrating a type of guard passing a purple belt around 245lbs stacked my now 175 lbs body until a rib on my other side popped. Not nearly as bad as before as it stayed in place. It felt more like a bruise from a hard punch. My question is how many guys have had similar injuries and how long before they trained again. Any suggestions for rehabilitation. Thanks.

Such as thou art, sometime was I. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've had the second type. Didn't go to a doctor though, so I can't say what it actually is. Took me about a month of rest. Don't mess with it. And if you can, see a doctor.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A year before I got back to training. But part of the was a punative move on my instructors part because I lied to him about the injury.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did the second type (non-popped) on my right side.

That was over 2 years ago.

I still feel it ache and throb when I do too much cardio or twisting.

I was back training in a few weeks though...
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got a subluxed rib while practicing side mount escapes. Took me out of training for six months. It finally stopped hurting, but I still have to pop my rib like some people crack their knuckles a couple times a day.
    "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
    West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
    (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)